|Developer(s)||Commissariat à l'Énergie Atomique (CEA-List), Atos, Cedric Dumoulin (LIFL)|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X|
Papyrus  is an Open Source UML 2 tool  based on Eclipse and licensed under the EPL. It has been developed by the Laboratory of Model Driven Engineering for Embedded Systems (LISE) which is a part of the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-List).
Papyrus can either be used as a standalone tool or as an Eclipse plugin. It provides support for Domain Specific Languages and SysML. Papyrus is designed to be easily extensible as it is based on the principle of UML Profiles.
Papyrus is a graphical editing tool for UML2 as defined by OMG. Papyrus provides support for UML profiles. Every part of Papyrus may be customized: model explorer, diagram editors, property editors, etc.
Papyrus also provides a complete support to SysML in order to enable model-based system engineering. It includes an implementation of the SysML static profile and the specific graphical editors required for SysML.
A variant of Papyrus, Papyrus for Real Time (Papyrus-RT), implements UML-RT, a Domain Specific Language (DSL) designed for realtime embedded systems development. UML-RT is a UML-based variant of Real-Time Object-Oriented Modeling (ROOM).
- The Eclipse Foundation. "Project plan for Papyrus, version 1.0.0". Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- The Eclipse Foundation. "Downloads". Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Papyrus". eclipse.org. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Papyrus - Eclipsepedia". wiki.eclipse.org. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "UML". www.omg.org. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- Sébastien Gérard; Cédric Dumoulin; Patrick Tessier; Bran Selic (2010). "Papyrus: A UML2 Tool for Domain-Specific Language Modeling". In (eds.), Holger Giese ... [et al.]. Model-based engineering of embedded real-time systems International Dagstuhl Workshop, Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, November 4-9, 2007 : revised selected papers. Berlin [etc.]: Spinger. pp. 361–368. ISBN 978-3-642-16277-0.
- "Laboratory of Model Driven Engineering for Embedded Systems (LISE)". www-list.cea.fr. Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- CEA LIST. "CEA LIST, Smart digital systems". Retrieved 2016-11-05.
- Papyrus-RT Project proposal
- Papyrus for Real Time (Papyrus-RT) project at Eclipse
- Papyrus-RT web site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Papyrus (software).|