Papyrus Design Group
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2011)|
|Headquarters||Watertown, MA, United States|
|Omar Khudari (CEO)|
Papyrus Design Group, Inc. was a computer game developer founded in 1987 by David Kaemmer and CEO Omar Khudari. Based in Watertown, MA, it is best known for its series of realistic sim racing games based on the NASCAR and IndyCar leagues, as well as the unique Grand Prix Legends. Papyrus was acquired by Sierra in 1995 and Omar Khudari left Papyrus soon after that. Dave Kaemmer left Papyrus in late 2002, just before the release of NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (NR2003).
On June 5, 2003, PWF announced that many of their members would be joining a new group called FIRST.
At the end of the first quarter of 2004, NR2003 was pulled from the shelves due to license expiration. This is when FIRST (later to become iRacing) started its acquisition of the NR2003 code from Vivendi Universal.
The Papyrus web site was shut down on April 5, 2004.
On May 28, 2004 Vivendi and Papyrus sold copyrights to FIRST.net, LLC and became the registered owner of the copyrights for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season.
Games developed by Papyrus
- Indianapolis 500: The Simulation (1989)
- J. R. R. Tolkien's Riders of Rohan (1991) (co-developed with Beam Software)
- IndyCar Racing (1993)
- Project Nomad (1993)
- NASCAR Racing (1994)
- NASCAR Racing for the Sony PlayStation (1996)
- Links: The Challenge of Golf (1994) (Sega CD version)
- IndyCar Racing II (1995)
- NASCAR Racing 2 (1996)
- NASCAR Racing: Grand National Series Expansion Pack (1997)
- SODA Off-Road Racing (1997)
- Grand Prix Legends (1998)
- NASCAR Legends (1999)
- NASCAR Racing 1999 Edition (1999)
- NASCAR Craftsman Truck Racing (1999)
- NASCAR Racing 3 (1999)
- NASCAR Racing 4 (2001)
- NASCAR Racing 2002 Season (2002)
- NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (2003)
- History of the company
- iRacing, home of most of the former Papyrus staff now
- MobyGames' entry on Papyrus
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|