Paquetville Parish, New Brunswick
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location within Gloucester County, New Brunswick
|• Land||220.30 km2 (85.06 sq mi)|
|• Density||11.4/km2 (30/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||1.9%|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
Paquetville Parish is defined in the Territorial Division Act as being bounded:
- Beginning at a point in the southern bank or shore of the southwest branch of Caraquet River at the northwest angle of lot numbered fourteen, granted to Francis Godin and others; thence southerly along the west limit of said lot and said limit of lot number twenty, in the second and third tiers, south of the aforesaid river, to the southwest angle of lot number twenty west, granted to Aug. Gionet; thence easterly along the southern limit of the aforesaid third tier, to the southeast angle of lot number eight in said tier, granted to Laurent Duguay; thence southerly in a direct line to the northwest angle of lot number two hundred and fifty-two, granted to J.A. Paulin, west side of the Maltempec Road;[a] thence southerly along the rear line of lots fronting on said side of the said road to the southwest angle of lot number two hundred and seventy-two, granted to B.D. Ferguson; thence in a southwesterly direction to a point in the southern bank or shore of the Pokemouche River where the same is intersected by the east limit of lot number one, range six, Val-Doucet;[b] thence in a southerly direction along said limit of said lot to the southeast angle of the same; thence in a westerly direction along the south limit of range six, Val-Doucet, to the northeast angle of lot number ten, range A, Saint-Isidore [Settlement]; thence in a southerly direction along the east limit of said lot to the southeast angle of the same; thence in a westerly direction along the south limit of said range A to the southwest angle of lot number twenty-five in said range; thence in a southerly direction along the west limit of lot number two hundred and sixteen in ranges one and two, Saint-Isidore, to a point where the same is intersected by the east prolongation of the northern Limit of tier one north, Allardville East [Settlement]; thence in a westerly direction along said prolongation and said limit of Allardville East to a point where the same is intersected by the southwest prolongation of a line connecting the northeast and southwest angles of a timber block number five, range five; thence along said prolongation and said line to the northeast angle of said block; thence in a northerly direction along the east limit of timber block number five, ranges four and three, to a point where the same is intersected by the west prolongation of the north limit of range three, Paquetville [Settlement]; thence in an easterly direction along said prolongation and said limit of said range to the northeast angle of lot number sixty in range three aforesaid; thence in a direct line to the mouth of Innishannon Brook; and thence in a northeasterly direction following the various courses of the Caraquet River, down stream to the place of beginning.
Parish population total does not include incorporated municipalities (in bold):
|Canada census – Paquetville Parish, New Brunswick community profile|
|Population:||2,700 (+9.9% from 2006)||2,457 (-7.2% from 2001)|
|Land area:||220.30 km2 (85.06 sq mi)||220.30 km2 (85.06 sq mi)|
|Population density:||12.3/km2 (32/sq mi)||11.2/km2 (29/sq mi)|
|Median age:||47.7 (M: 47.6, F: 47.8)||43.5 (M: 42.8, F: 44.3)|
|Total private dwellings:||1,142||1,079|
|Median household income:||$.N/A||$30,082|
|Notes: 2011 income data for this area has been suppressed for data quality or confidentiality reasons. – References: 2011 2006 earlier|
|Historical Census Data - Paquetville Parish, New Brunswick|
(E) corrections and updates: Population and dwelling count amendments 2011
|Canada Census Mother Tongue - Paquetville Parish, New Brunswick|
French & English
|Year||Responses||Count||Trend||Pop %||Count||Trend||Pop %||Count||Trend||Pop %||Count||Trend||Pop %|
- Chemin Lavigne
- Actually Paquetville South Settlement.
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Paquetville Parish, New Brunswick Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "cp2011" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Corrections and updates: Population and dwelling count amendments, 2011 Census". Statistics Canada. February 14, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- New Brunswick Provincial Archives - Paquetville Parish
- "Territorial Division Act (R.S.N.B. 1973, c. T-3)". Government of New Brunswick website. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census