Par Avion (band)
|Origin||California, United States|
|Members||Paul Avion, Zachary Ginder, Zandro Urbiztondo and Andrew Rivera|
|Past members||Tanya Haden, Nick Lucero, Korel Tunador|
Par Avion was formed in 2004 in Los Angeles, and originally consisted of Tanya Haden (cellist, sister of Petra Haden, now wed to comedian Jack Black), Nick Lucero (a former drummer for Queens of the Stone Age), session musician Korel Tunador and Paul Avion.
Since then, the band has released a number of singles, such as "Stand Up, Be a Man" and "Fibromyalgia," which have appeared on PBS' Roadtrip Nation, Fuel TV's extreme sports show, The Daily Habit, and AMC's Hollywood Icon.
"Fibromyalgia," which was featured as a download on SPIN.com, appears to have been written about local musician Annie Hardy of Giant Drag, who suffers from the disease. In February 2009, Par Avion received further press in SPIN.
- Pop Music United (2006)
- Lonely Singles (2008)
- "Pop Music United" (2006)
- "Fibromyalgia" (2009)
- In April 2008, the song "Stand Up, Be a Man" was featured on PBS' Roadtrip Nation.
- The song "Pop Music United II" (credited to Paul Avion" appeared on Sonic Vogue's Sound of Style, Vol. II in 2008.
- The song "Stand Up, Be a Man" was featured on the compilation Groovetonics, Volume 2 in 2008.
- In September 2008, the song "Stand Up, Be a Man" was featured on Fuel TV's "The Daily Habit".
- In July 2009, "Pop Music United II" was featured on AMC's Hollywood Icon.