This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Formerly NYSE: PRX|
|Headquarters||Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, United States|
|Products||>110 Generic and branded specialty pharmaceuticals|
|Revenue||$433,200,000 USD (2005)|
|$12,600,000 USD (2005)|
Number of employees
Par Pharmaceutical develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded specialty pharmaceuticals. Par was founded in 1978 and initially traded on the New York Stock Exchange in 1987. Par is currently the fifth largest generic pharmaceutical company in the United States.
The company is based in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey and additional facilities for research, manufacturing and distribution in Irvine, California, Suffern, New York, Huntsville, Alabama, Chestnut Ridge, New York and Chennai,India.
In 2007 Par Pharmaceutical signed a drug development collaboration with pharmaceutical research company IntelliPharmaCeutics Inc,. Under the arrangement, IntelliPharmaCeutics will apply its proprietary technology to the formulation and development of four generic drug products (ANDA's) which are bioequivalent to existing branded drugs with commercial sales in the United States. The terms of the deal provide that Par will be responsible for certain costs of development, and that IntelliPharmaCeutics will receive milestone payments, incentive payments and success-based payments along with a share of the profits of commercialization. Par will be responsible for the distribution of the drugs in the United States.
- "ParFacts". Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc. Archived from the original on 2006-10-17. Retrieved 2006-11-23.
- "Company Milestones". Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc. Archived from the original on 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2006-11-23.
- "Introduction for Investors". Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc. Archived from the original on 2006-10-28. Retrieved 2006-11-23.
- "Private equity deals: July 16, 2012". finance.fortune.cnn.com. CNN.
- Hoffman, Liz (2015-05-18). . Retrieved 2017-03-10.. Wall Street Journal (Online); New York, N.Y. New York, N.Y., United States. pp. –
- IntelliPharmaCeutics Press Release, August 1, 2007