Parachute School of Toronto
Parachute School of Toronto (often abbreviated as PST) is a Canadian Sport Parachuting Association affiliated parachuting centre and skydiving drop zone located 0.3 NM (0.56 km; 0.35 mi) east of Baldwin, Ontario, Canada. It runs out of Baldwin Airport.
The drop zone operates one piston-powered aircraft (a Cessna 206) and seasonally leases (May through October) one Turbine engine aircraft. For the 2010 season the Turbine engine available is a Shorts Skyvan holding a maximum of 21 jumpers. The centre provides student training in the Static line progression system and tandem skydiving. All of the rigs used for student operation contain Automatic activation devices. There are packers, indoor carpeted packing area, rental rigs, diner and an in-house Parachute rigger available. This dropzone operates year-round primarily on weekends and holidays.
In 2008, Parachute School of Toronto was the host of the Ontario Provincial Skydiving Championships. This event had not been held in 15 years and was revived by members of PST. PST once again hosted this event in September 2009.
In August 2009 PST is organizing a national reunion to bring together skydivers from across the country who were instrumental in the development of the sport in Canada. The reunion will also facilitate a Canadian POPs ("Parachutists Over Phorty") record attempt.
Deaths and Notable Incidents
The centre is notable for having three major accidents resulting in death since June 2013.
In May 2014, a 29-year-old woman was killed after a problem with her parachute. A 42-year-old man died after an incident in July 2013. On July 6. 2014, a man died after attempting a swoop landing.
- Skydiving and Parachuting at Parachute School of Toronto
- CSPA's affiliation list
- Baldwin Airport
- Solo Skydiving at the Parachute School of Toronto
- Tandem Skydiving at the Parachute School of Toronto
- Parachute School of Toronto's about-us page
- York Region - Skydiving Championships Land in Baldwin
- Provincials 2009
- Parachutists Over Phorty
- Canadian National Skydivers Reunion 2009
- Parachute School of Toronto Facebook group
- PST's Twitter Feed
- Parachute School of Toronto Public Forums
- Dropzone.com's reviews page
- Parachute School of Toronto website
- Baldwin Airport website
- Canadian Sport Parachuting Association website