|Single by Charlie Simpson|
|from the album Young Pilgrim|
|Released||5 August 2011|
|Charlie Simpson singles chronology|
"Parachutes" is a single by English singer-songwriter Charlie Simpson, from his debut studio album Young Pilgrim (2011). It was released on 5 August 2011 as a digital download in the United Kingdom. The song peaked to number 44 on the UK Singles Chart, his highest charting single to date.
In an interview with Digital Spy he was asked to describe the song, he said:
"It's one of the more instrument-heavy songs on the record - I wanted to strike a balance between the acoustic nature and more upbeat instruments. It's also the first track I've ever written with a piano, so it's a good contrast to other songs on the album."
Charlie Simpson performed the song Live on OK! TV. Simpson performed the song in the Live Lounge live from Boardmasters in Newquay for Fearne Cotton and BBC Radio 1. He also performed the song live at Xfm in Manchester.
Lewis Corner of Digital Spy gave the song a positive review stating:
"I'm so sorry for the pain/ Sorry for the aches/ Sorry for the moods I'm swinging," Charlie confesses over a twinkly piano and snare-rattling beats in his unmistakable raspy tone. While his apology may not extend to Matt and James after his recent Busted reunion snub, it's a far cry from his tween-pop days of drooling over high school teachers and perky air hostesses - instead focusing on his newfound independence. "I don't want it back/ I don't need it back/ I don't need a parachute," he admits. Something tells us the 'Year 3000' reunion tour is long way off yet. 
|2.||"Skin and Bones"||3:36|
|3.||"Dead Man Walking"||3:23|
|5.||"Parachutes" (Live from the Tabernacle)||3:43|
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||39|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||44|
|UK Indie (Official Charts Company)||5|
|United Kingdom||5 August 2011||Digital download||Charlie Simpson music|
- Robert Copsey. "Charlie Simpson interview: "Pop music is in a weird place"". Digital Spy. digitalspy.co.uk.
- Charlie Simpson 'Parachutes' OFFICIAL VIDEO YouTube
- Charlie Simpson - Parachutes Live On OK! TV YouTube
- Charlie Simpson - Parachutes Live From Newquay BBC Radio 1
- Charlie Simpson Parachutes (Live at Xfm Manchester) YouTube
- Lewis Corner. "Charlie Simpson: 'Parachutes'". Digital Spy. digitalspy.co.uk.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-08-20". Scottish Singles Top 40.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-08-20" UK Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2011-08-20" UK Indie Chart.
- Parachutes - EP by Charlie Simpson iTunes