Paradise, Hawaiian Style
|Paradise, Hawaiian Style|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael D. Moore|
|Produced by||Hal B. Wallis|
|Story by||Allan Weiss|
|Music by||Joseph J. Lilley|
|Cinematography||W. Wallace Kelley|
|Edited by||Warren Low|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Paradise, Hawaiian Style is a 1966 musical comedy film starring Elvis Presley. It was the third and final motion picture that Presley filmed in Hawaii. The film reached #40 on the Variety weekly box office chart, earning $2.5 million in theaters.
Rick Richards (Presley) returns to his home in Hawaii after being fired from his job as an airline pilot. He and his buddy Danny Kohana (James Shigeta) go into the helicopter charter business together. But Rick's reckless flying and his careless negotiations with local women may cost Rick the business and Danny his home.
Disaster looms as Danny becomes overdue on a flight after Rick has been grounded by government officials. Rick must decide if he should risk losing his license forever by going to look for his friend.
- Elvis Presley as Rick Richards
- Suzanna Leigh as Judy Hudson
- James Shigeta as Danny Kohana
- Jan Shepard as Betty Kohana
- Philip Ahn as Moki Kaimana
- Donna Butterworth as Jan Kohana
- Marianna Hill as Lani Kaimana
- Irene Tsu as Pua
- Linda Wong as Lehua Kawena
- Julie Parrish as Joanna
- "Paradise, Hawaiian Style, Box Office Information". The Numbers. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- Paradise, Hawaiian Style on IMDb
- Paradise, Hawaiian Style at AllMovie
- Paradise, Hawaiian Style at the TCM Movie Database
- Paradise, Hawaiian Style at Rotten Tomatoes
- Elvis in Hawaii
- Review by Janet Branagan at Apollo Movie Guide
- Review of the movie collection "Lights! Camera! Elvis! Collection (King Creole, Blue Hawaii, G.I. Blues, Fun in Acapulco, Roustabout, Girls! Girls! Girls!, Paradise, Hawaiian Style, Easy Come, Easy Go) by Paul Mavis at DVD Talk, August 6, 2007
- Review by Jon Danziger at digitallyOBSESSED!, March 2, 2003