Paradise Hills, San Diego
|Paradise Hills, San Diego|
|Community of San Diego|
Neighborhood recreation center on Potomac Street
|Nickname(s): "P.H.", "Pe Ache", "The Hills",|
Paradise Hills is located in the southeastern area of the city of San Diego
|Country||United States of America|
Paradise Hills is a neighborhood in the southeastern area of the city of San Diego, California. It is an outlying neighborhood adjacent to the independent city of National City and the unincorporated communities of Lincoln Acres and certain portions of Bonita.
Demographic statistics are only available for the wider 92139 ZIP code which includes all of Paradise Hills and a portion of neighboring Bay Terraces; in this ZIP code, people of Hispanic heritage make up 39.03%, followed by Asian and Pacific Islanders 32.87%, non-Hispanic Whites 12.80%, Blacks 10.87%, American Indian 0.11% and others 4.32%.
Geographically, Paradise Hills encompasses the area east of Rachael Avenue (the boundary between San Diego and National City), south of Paradise Valley Road (a boundary with another San Diego neighborhood, Bay Terraces), north of State Route 54 (a boundary between San Diego and Bonita), and west of Dusk Drive and Potomac Street (another boundary with Bay Terraces). Stemming from old gang-enforced boundaries, "Paradise Hills" is sometimes incorrectly used to locate any place near the Skyline-Paradise Hills Community which includes the neighborhoods Skyline, Paradise Hills, Bay Terraces, Lomita, and the Meadowbrook Housing Project.
Public elementary schools located in Paradise Hills are Pacific View Leadership Elementary  Paradise Hills Elementary, and Perry Elementary; Penn Elementary lies on the border between Paradise Hills and Bay Terraces. Public secondary schools serving Paradise Hills residents are Bell Middle School and Morse High School (both in neighboring Bay Terraces and Skyline, respectively); San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) also lies on the border between Paradise Hills and Bay Terraces. SCPA provides education from 9th through 12th grades with an added emphasis on performing arts. The largest private school in Paradise Hills, St. Michael's Catholic School, provides education from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Recreation centers in and bordering the neighborhood include Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park, Paradise Hills Recreation Center, and Penn Athletic Field.
- SANDAG Profile Warehouse: Current estimates for 92139 ZIP code
- San Diego Council District 4: Paradise Hills community map
- San Diego Police Department map of neighborhoods
- Skyline-Paradise Hills Community Profile (City of San Diego: Planning Department)
- School District Approves Name Change
- San Diego School of Performing Arts: History and mission
- City of San Diego: Park & Recreation: Charles L. Lewis III Memorial Skate Park Archived 2012-04-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- City of San Diego: Park & Recreation: Paradise Hills Recreation Center Archived 2009-11-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- City of San Diego: Park & Recreation: Penn Athletic Field Archived 2009-11-06 at the Wayback Machine.