Paradise Lost (Cirith Ungol album)
Cover art by Michael Whelan
|Studio album by Cirith Ungol|
|Recorded||Gold Mine Studios, Ventura, California|
|Genre||Heavy metal, doom metal|
|Cirith Ungol chronology|
Paradise Lost is the final Cirith Ungol LP. It was released in 1991 on Restless Records and re-released as a bootleg several times. The band broke up in 1992 over unresolved issues with their new record label. It was finally officially re-released in 2007/8 on Noble Rot.
According to band member Robert Garven:
Restless Records did nothing for the band in the way of promotion or touring. They had me contact Roadrunner Records in Europe (who released our first 2 records) to try to convince them to release Paradise Lost in Europe. The owner, I think was named Cess Wessels or something, refused to release it saying that it was outdated. It is funny as it is the CD that everyone wants and it is still unavailable! I have tried on several occasions to get PL re-released but with no luck. Several companies were very interested in re-releasing it, however Restless Records would never return their phone calls or e-mail.
All songs by Cirith Ungol, except where indicated
- "Join the Legion" - 4:32
- "The Troll" (Joe Malatesta) - 3:50
- "Fire" (Arthur Brown, Vincent Crane, Mike Finesilver, Peter Ker) - 3:01 (Arthur Brown cover)
- "Heaven Help Us" (Robert L. Warrenburg) - 6:24
- "Before the Lash" - 4:39
- "Go It Alone" - 4:22
- "Chaos Rising" - 8:42
- "Fallen Idols" - 6:45
- "Paradise Lost" - 6:13
- Band members
- Tim Baker - vocals
- Jim Barraza - guitars
- Vernon Green - bass
- Robert Garven - drums, percussion
- Additional musicians
- Joe Malatesta - guitars
- Robert L. Warrenburg - bass
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Cirith Ungol Paradise Lost review". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Thomas. "CIRITH UNGOL - Paradise Lost". Metal Reviews. Metal Reviews. Retrieved 2013-09-28.
- Bolton, R. Scott. ""Paradise Lost" (Restless; 1991)". Rough Edge. R. Scott Bolton. Retrieved 2013-09-28.