Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||18,467 (SAL 2021)|
|Area||7.1 km2 (2.7 sq mi)|
|Location||16 km (10 mi) from Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||City of Salisbury|
Parafield Gardens is a suburb of Adelaide, South Australia. The suburb is largely residential, with a pocket of industrial land in the southwest corner. There are two small shopping centres in the area, one on Salisbury Highway, and another on Sheperdson Road.
Parafield Gardens was originally a subdivision of section 2258 of the Hundred of Yatala enclosing land south of the Little Para River and Kings Road and northeast of today's Salisbury Highway. In 1881 the government proposed the creation of a general cemetery on the subdivision but the plan was abandoned by 1906. Land in the subdivision began to be used as an experimental agricultural farm, followed by a poultry farm in 1911, known as Parafield Farm. In 1958, Matters & Co. offered residential land in the area bounded by Salisbury Highway, Shepherdson Road, Sunderland Avenue, and Catalina Avenue. In the 1970s the South Australian Housing Trust began building properties in the area. At some time between then and 2000 the suburb name of Parafield Gardens was formally adopted. The Pine Lakes Estate was established in the early 2000s southwest of the intersection of Salisbury Highway and Kings Road.
Parafield Gardens Post Office opened on 25 September 1961.
Parafield Gardens has six schools in its area and four of which are public. Karrendi Primary School, founded in 1969, is a public primary school on Bradman Road. Parafield Gardens High School, opened in 1976, is a public secondary school located next to Parafield Gardens Primary, a larger public primary school.
Garden College is an Islamic school, catering for year levels Reception to Year 12 
Parafield Gardens Primary, Parafield Gardens High and two private schools; Holy Family Catholic School and Garden College are all on Sheperdson Road. A fourth primary school, The Pines School, is located on Andrew Smith Drive.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 June 2022). "Parafield Gardens (suburb and locality)". Australian Census 2021 QuickStats. Retrieved 28 June 2022.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Parafield Gardens (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "Parafield Gardens", SA Location Viewer, Gazetteer, Government of South Australia, SA0053343, retrieved 11 February 2020,
Originally a private subdivision of Section 2258. Proposal by residents of the "Pine Lakes Estate" in 2002 to alter their portion of the suburb to Pine Lakes not proceeded with following such ruling from the Minister for Administrative Services. Proposal by City of Salisbury to add the residential portion of Green Fields in 2006 not supported by residents and therefore withdrawn by Council.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Karrendi Primary School".
- "Parafield Gardens High School".
- "Parafield Gardens R-7 School".
- "Holy Family Catholic School". Archived from the original on 23 February 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2020.
- "The Pines School".