Intel Parallel Studio
XE 2017 / September 6, 2016
|Operating system||Windows, OS X and Linux|
|Type||Software development kit|
Intel Parallel Studio is a software development product developed by Intel that facilitates native code development on Windows and Linux in C++/C and Fortran for parallel computing. Parallel programming enables software programs to take advantage of multi-core processors from Intel and other processor vendors.
Parallel Studio is composed of several component parts, each of which is a collection of capabilities.
- Intel C++ Compiler with OpenMP
- Intel Fortran Compiler with OpenMP
- IDE plug-in integration with Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Debugging via Visual Studio Debugger extensions, GNU Debugger extensions
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP), Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) and Threading Building Blocks (TBB) libraries, Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)
- Intel Advisor - specialized performance profiler to optimize vectorization and a thread prototyping system for adding / improving threading.
- Intel VTune Amplifier (formerly VTune Performance Analyzer) is a performance profiler that analyzes hotspots, concurrency and locks-and-waits.
- Intel Inspector improves reliability by identifying memory errors and threading errors.
Intel announced Parallel Studio during their Intel Developer Forum in August 2008 along with a web site to sign up for their open beta program. On 26 May 2009, Intel announced that it had released the product to market, and introduced a fourth component named Parallel Advisor Lite. Parallel Advisor Lite is an add-on for Parallel Studio to assist in the analysis and modeling of where to best add parallelism to an application.
Intel released Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on September 6, 2016.
- Intel Advisor - vectorization optimization and thread prototyping
- Intel Inspector - memory and thread debugger
- Intel VTune Amplifier - performance profiler
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)
- Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)
- Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL)
- Intel Threading Building Blocks (TBB)
- Intel Concurrent Collections (CnC)
- Intel Developer Zone (support and discussion)
- "Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2017 Release Notes".
- "No Cost Options for Intel Parallel Studio XE, Support yourself, Royalty-Free".
- Intel. "Intel Announcement of Parallel Studio project" (PDF).
- Intel. "Intel Parallel Studio FAQ" (PDF).
- Intel. "Intel Announcement of Parallel Studio release". Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- David Worthington. "Intel addresses development life cycle with Parallel Studio". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Intel Releases Parallel Studio 1.0". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- John E. West. "Intel Ships Parallel Studio Development Toolkit". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- David Worthington. "SD Times: Intel, Microsoft converge on parallel computing". Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Intel Flexes Parallel Programming Muscles", HPCwire (2010-09-02). Retrieved on 2010-09-14.
- "Parallel Studio 2011: Now We Know What Happened to Ct, Cilk++, and RapidMind", Dr. Dobbs Journal (2010-09-02). Retrieved on 2010-09-14.
- "Intel announces two software development suites", Inquirer (2012-09-05). Retrieved on 2012-09-05.
- "Parallel Studio XE 2013 is here", Intel (2012-09-05). Retrieved on 2012-09-05..
- "Intel Parallel Studio 2015 updates compilers, tool chain". SD Times. 2014-08-26. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- "Intel Enhances Parallel Programming Tools with Explicit Vectorization Programming". HardOCP. 2014-08-27. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- "Intel updates Parallel Studio XE". SD Times. 2015-08-26. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "Intel Leverages HPC Core for Analytics Tooling Push". 2015-08-25. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 has been released!". software.intel.com. Retrieved 2016-09-07.