|Directed by||Yogaraj Bhat|
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Cinematography||Santosh Rai Pathaje|
|Edited by||Deepu S. Kumar|
|Box office||₹32 crore (US$4.5 million)|
Paramathma is a 2011 Kannada language romantic comedy film written, directed and co-produced by Yogaraj Bhat. It stars Puneeth Rajkumar and Deepa Sannidhi in the lead roles and it was released on 6 October 2011, on the eve of Vijayadashami. Halfway through its production, the film's TV rights was procured for a record ₹3.5 Crore. Even before the release, the film grossed a record amount of over ₹25 Cr included broadcasting and distribution rights. Since release, the movie has garnered a cult status for its metaphorical narration and out-of-the box storytelling.
Param (Puneeth Rajakumar) son of a heart specialist doctor Jayanth is an eager to know many things in life. He keeps on shuffling from one place to another. A gold medalist in Bachelor of Science takes six attempts to complete his master's degree because of his friends. He is a rich guy and he can do any task easily. He falls in love with Deepa (Deepa Sannidhi), but Sanvi (Aindrita Ray) is in love with him. He does not have any intentions other than friend with Sanvi. So he makes it clear and shows interest in getting Deepa as his partner in life. There are tough guys in the house of Deepa that he has to convince. But the proposal comes in a fit of anger of Deepa for the marriage. After marriage Deepa delivering a child a few years' later dies and Sanvi this time comes with her marriage invitation. Param reacts to it in a very jovial style and he is under the impression Deepa is not physically with him but mentally she has not left him.
- Puneeth Rajkumar as Paramathma aka Karadi
- Deepa Sannidhi as Deepa aka Thithi Vade
- Aindrita Ray as Saanvi, aka Paseena
- Anant Nag as Jayanth a Cardiologist
- Ramya Barna
- Avinash as Srinivas
- Rangayana Raghu as Annayya
- Datthanna as Appanna
- Raju Thalikote
- Shweta Pandit as Kerosene
Originally movie titled Lagori was to be filmed in 2009 starring Puneeth Rajkumar, but it got shelved after producer Rockline Venkatesh withdrew from the film citing increasing production costs. In 2011, after the success of Bhat's 2010 home production movie Pancharangi, he is co-producing Puneeth Rajkumar starrer Paramathma with distributor-turned-producer Jayanna. The script is said to demand three female leads, and they are: Deepa Sannidhi, Ramya Barna and Aindrita Ray. Filming began on 3 March in Sakleshpura, and the film is being released on 6 October 2011. Shooting locations include the coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada, mainly places surrounding Udupi and Manipal.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||14 September 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Ashwini Media Networks|
After a delayed launch of about 10 days, the music album of Paramathma was officially released by Duniya Soori and Raghavendra Rajkumar on 14 September 2011 at Hotel Le Méridien, Bengaluru. While V. Harikrishna has scored the music, lyrics are penned by both Yogaraj Bhat and Jayant Kaikini. Ashwini Media Networks corporation owns the audio rights of the album which was purchased at a record ₹7.7 million.
The movie's audio, which had created a buzz because of lyricist Yogaraj Bhat and music director Harikrishna's recent track record of successful combinations like Jackie and Hudugaru, was well received by the critics. A record 1.5 lakh audio CDs were sold in the first 3 days of album release. Incidentally, popular Indian film music director A.R. Rahman who listened to the songs while at a recording studio in Chennai, praised and congratulated the team on the songs' composition and lyrics. The song "College Gatelly" (Chombeshwara) took the number 1 spot among the top 20 South Indian film songs on Nokia Ovi music store in the month of October 2011.
|1.||"Yaavanig Gothu?"||Yogaraj Bhat||Tippu||3:42|
|2.||"Paravasha Naadenu"||Jayanth Kaikini||Sonu Nigam||3:56|
|3.||"Kathlalli Karadige"||Yogaraj Bhat||V. Harikrishna||4:43|
|4.||"Hesaru Poorthi"||Yogaraj Bhat||Vani Harikrishna||3:29|
|5.||"Thanmayalaadenu"||Jayanth Kaikini||Shreya Ghoshal||4:18|
|6.||"College Gatally (Chombeshwara)"||Yogaraj Bhat||V. Harikrishna||4:09|
It received positive reviews from film critics. Sify rated it at 3.5/5 stars by summarizing that it "is a classic film with lots of comedy and a little bit of mystery thrown in" and lauded director Yograj Bhat by calling him a master story teller who narrates it in an unexpected manner. Whereas Rediff called it a 'Disappointing film'. Critics have also praised cinematographer Santosh Rai Pathaje's camera work. News channel CNN-IBN called the film a "fresh delight" and summed it up by recommending to watch the film for its "classic style of narration and good packaging."
- "ಚಿತ್ರಕಥೆ ರಚಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ನಿರ್ದೇಶಕರಿಗೆ ಸೂರಿ ಸಾಥ್ ನೀಡಿದ್ದಾರೆ". Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- Puneet Rajkumar's Paramathma creates history
- The Hindu – In the name of God
- The Hindu – Deepa Sannidhi in "Paramatma" of Puneet Rajkumar
- Rock and Muni – Relatives at the Helm
- "Chitraloka – Paramathma Gets U certificate – Release On Oct 6"
- 'Paramathma will be Puneet's best film' – The Times of India
- Paramathma strikes gold – Bangalore Mirror
- Times of India – Puneet Rajkumar in Paramathma – I'm the lowest paid actor Archived 6 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Yogaraj-Puneet first combo movie titled Paramathma
- Three heroines for Parmathma
- "Paramathma From March 3rd"
- Puneeth and Yogaraj Bhat in 'Paramathma'
- Paramathma has a low key start
- Yahoo! India - Paramathma audio release delayed
- Raghavendra, Suri release Paramathma audio
- Paramathma Audio Released
- Paramathma Audio Release
- Paramathma audio rights has been sold for Rs. 77 lakhs
- OneIndia - Paramathma Music Review
- A R Rahman Lauds Paramathma Tunes
- Chitraloka Paramathma Songs Review
- ThatKannada - ಪರಮಾತ್ಮ ಹಾಡು & ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ಸೂಪರ್ ಬಿಡಿ ಭಟ್ರೇ
- ThatsKannada - ಮೂರೇ ದಿನದಲ್ಲಿ ಒಂದೂವರೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ಸಿಡಿ ಸೇಲೋ ಸೇಲ್
- AR Rahman has praised Musician Harikrishna's work in Paramathma Movie
- Paramathma Song Becomes Number One
- Rediff Movie Review - Paramathma
- Sify movie review - Paramathma review
- CNN-IBN Live - Kannada Review: 'Paramathma' is a fresh delight