|Directed by||Yogaraj Bhat|
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Cinematography||Santosh Rai Pathaje|
|Edited by||Deepu S. Kumar|
|6 October 2011|
|Box office||₹27 crore (US$4.2 million)|
Paramathma is a Kannada romantic-comedy film written, directed and co-produced by Yogaraj Bhat. It stars Puneeth Rajkumar and Deepa Sannidhi in the lead roles and it was released on 6 October 2011, on the eve of Vijayadashami. Halfway through its production, the film's TV rights was procured for a record ₹3.5 Crore. Even before the release, the film grossed a record amount of over ₹25 Cr included broadcasting and distribution rights.
- Puneeth Rajkumar as Paramathma aka Karadi
- Deepa Sannidhi as Deepa aka Thithi Vade
- Aindrita Ray as Saanvi, aka Paseena
- Anant Nag as Jayanth
- Ramya Barna
- Avinash as Srinivas
- Rangayana Raghu as Annayya
- Datthanna as Appanna
- Raju Thalikote
- Shweta Pandit as Kerosene
A Yograj Bhat movie titled Lagori was to be filmed in 2009 starring Puneet Rajkumar, but it got shelved after producer Rockline Venkatesh withdrew from the film citing increasing production costs. In 2011, after the success of Bhat's 2010 home production movie Pancharangi, he is co-producing Puneet Rajkumar starrer Paramathma with distributor-turned-producer Jayanna. The script is said to demand three female leads, and they are: Deepa Sannidhi, Ramya Barna and Aindrita Ray. Filming began on 3 March in Sakleshpura, and the film is being released on 6 October 2011. Shooting locations include the coastal districts of Dakshina Kannada, mainly places surrounding Udupi and Manipal.
|Soundtrack album by V. Harikrishna|
|Released||14 September 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Ashwini Media Networks|
After a delayed launch of about 10 days, the music album of Paramathma was officially released by Duniya Soori and Raghavendra Rajkumar on 14 September 2011 at Hotel Le Méridien, Bengaluru. While V. Harikrishna has scored the music, lyrics are penned by both Yogaraj Bhat and Jayant Kaikini. Ashwini Media Networks corporation owns the audio rights of the album which was purchased at a record ₹7.7 million.
The movie's audio, which had created a buzz because of lyricist Yogaraj Bhat and music director Harikrishna's recent track record of successful combinations like Jackie and Hudugaru, was well received by the critics. A record 1.5 lakh audio CDs were sold in the first 3 days of album release. Incidentally, popular Indian film music director A.R. Rehman who listened to the songs while at a recording studio in Chennai, praised and congratulated the team on the songs' composition and lyrics. The song "College Gatelly" (Chombeshwara) took the number 1 spot among the top 20 South Indian film songs on Nokia Ovi music store in the month of October 2011.
|1.||"Yaavanig Gothu?"||Yogaraj Bhat||Tippu||3:42|
|2.||"Paravasha Naadenu"||Jayanth Kaikini||Sonu Nigam||3:56|
|3.||"Kathlalli Karadige"||Yogaraj Bhat||V. Harikrishna||4:43|
|4.||"Hesaru Poorthi"||Yogaraj Bhat||Vani Harikrishna||3:29|
|5.||"Thanmayalaadenu"||Jayanth Kaikini||Shreya Goshal||4:18|
|6.||"College Gatally (Chombeshwara)"||Yogaraj Bhat||V. Harikrishna||4:09|
Paramathma is the worst move made by Yograj Bhat, even worse than Pancharangi. It received mixed to negative reviews from film critics. Sify rated it at 3.5/5 stars by summarizing that it "is a classic film with lots of comedy and a little bit of mystery thrown in" and lauded director Yograj Bhat by calling him a master story teller who narrates it in an unexpected manner. Whereas Rediff called it a 'Disappointing film'. Critics have also praised cinematographer Santosh Rai Pathaje's camera work. News channel CNN-IBN called the film a "fresh delight" and summed it up by recommending to watch the film for its "classic style of narration and good packaging."
- ಚಿತ್ರಕಥೆ ರಚಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ನಿರ್ದೇಶಕರಿಗೆ ಸೂರಿ ಸಾಥ್ ನೀಡಿದ್ದಾರೆ
- Puneet Rajkumar's Paramathma creates history
- The Hindu - In the name of God
- The Hindu - Deepa Sannidhi in "Paramatma" of Puneet Rajkumar
- Rock and Muni - Relatives at the Helm
- "Chitraloka - Paramathma Gets U certificate – Release On Oct 6"
- 'Paramathma will be Puneet's best film' - The Times of India
- Paramathma strikes gold - Bangalore Mirror
- Times of India - Puneet Rajkumar in Paramathma - I'm the lowest paid actor
- Yogaraj-Puneet first combo movie titled Paramathma
- Three heroines for Parmathma
- "Paramathma From March 3rd"
- Puneeth and Yogaraj Bhat in 'Paramathma'
- Paramathma has a low key start
- Yahoo! India - Paramathma audio release delayed
- Raghavendra, Suri release Paramathma audio
- Paramathma Audio Released
- Paramathma Audio Release
- Paramathma audio rights has been sold for Rs. 77 lakhs
- OneIndia - Paramathma Music Review
- A R Rahman Lauds Paramathma Tunes
- Chitraloka Paramathma Songs Review
- ThatKannada - ಪರಮಾತ್ಮ ಹಾಡು & ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯ ಸೂಪರ್ ಬಿಡಿ ಭಟ್ರೇ
- ThatsKannada - ಮೂರೇ ದಿನದಲ್ಲಿ ಒಂದೂವರೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ಸಿಡಿ ಸೇಲೋ ಸೇಲ್
- AR Rahman has praised Musician Harikrishna's work in Paramathma Movie
- Paramathma Song Becomes Number One
- Rediff Movie Review - Paramathma
- Sify movie review - Paramathma review
- CNN-IBN Live - Kannada Review: 'Paramathma' is a fresh delight