Parambrata Chatterjee and Arpan Kr Ghosh
|Native name||পরমব্রত চট্টোপাধ্যায়|
June 27, 1980 |
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
(Maternal grand-nephew) Mahasweta Devi
Parambrata Chatterjee is an Indian Bengali actor and director in film and television. Chatterjee started his career with Bengali television and films. He rose to nationwide fame after starring in the film Kahaani (2012), starring along with Vidya Balan. Parambrata also acted in Bhalo Theko (2003), which is Vidya Balan's debut film.
He was born in Kolkata, West Bengal to film critic parents. He is the son of Satinath Chatterjee and Sunetra Ghatak, the grandson of Ashish Chandra Ghatak and grand nephew of filmmaker Ritwik Ghatak, and nephew of renowned Bengali author and activist Mahasweta Devi[better source needed]
He went to Dolna Day School and then Patha Bhavan, Kolkata for schooling and Jadavpur University for Bachelor's and master's degrees in English literature. He also obtained a Master's in Film and TV Production from Bristol University, Bristol, United Kingdom.
His directorial debut feature film is Jiyo Kaka starred by Raima Sen and Rudranil Ghosh. His second directorial venture was Hawa Bodol. Seven months after the success of Kahaani he was signed by Jeffrey D. Brown, who won an Academy Award for his debut short film in 1986, for his upcoming film Sold.
Workshop Productions Pvt. Ltd.
On 30 May 2011 Parambrata became producer along with his acting colleague Rudranil Ghosh by launching their own production house, Workshop Productions Pvt. Ltd, in association with Dipak Raha of Sambandh Group.
- As director
- As Actor
- Won- Bengal Film Journalists' Association – Most Promising Actor Award in 2006
- Nominated- Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Male- Kahaani in 2013
- Nominated-Screen Award for Best z Actor- Kahaani in 2013
- Zee Gourab 2014 received Retuporno Ghosh memorial award for Howa Bodol.
- "Parambrata". Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. 24 June 2008. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- Nivas, Namita (23 March 2012). "I'm not thinking of future in Bollywood: Parambrata Chatterjee". The Indian Express.
- Actor, Top (18 November 2005). "Direct action!". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Who is Parambrata Chatterjee". IBN Live. 14 March 2012.
- Mahasweta Devi
- K Jha, Subhas (18 September 2012). "Parambrata headed for Hollywood". Times of India. Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Nag, Kushali (5 January 2008). "Three boys & a babe". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- Nag, Kushali (3 September 2008). "The return of the sleuth". Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
11-Sangeet bangla,Tollywoodreporter. Anandabazarpatrika 6.1.2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parambrata Chatterjee.|
|Awards and achievements|
for Mahulbanir Sereng
|Most Promising Actor Award
for Nishi Japan