|Elevation||3,730 m (12,240 ft)|
|Parent range||Cordillera Occidental (West Andes)|
This mountainous region gives rise to three smaller ranges that spread northward and recede into the Caribbean plain.
- The Abibe Mountains (Serranía de Abibe) form a natural border between the Antioquia Department and Córdoba Department.
- The San Jerónimo Mountains (Serranía de San Jerónimo) separates the watersheds of the San Jorge River and Sinú River.
- The Ayapel Mountains (Serranía de Ayapel) divides the watersheds of the San Jorge and Cauca Rivers, as well as forming a natural border between Antioquia and Córdoba Departments.
Paramillo Natural National Park
Most of the area is within the Paramillo Natural National Park, which extends from the massif into the lowlands of the Caribbean Plain. The ecosystems found within the massif are characteristic of the Tropical Andes which include páramo and mountain forests.
- "Cerro Paramillo - Peakbagger". Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Scytalopus canus - IUCN Red List of Endangered Species". Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Paramillo Tapaculo - BirdLife Factsheet". Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Tremarctos ornatus - IUCN Red List of Endangered Species". Retrieved 27 December 2016.