Paramount High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Paramount High School|
West campus: 14708 Paramount Blvd|
Paramount, California 90723
Senior campus: 14429 Downey Ave
Paramount, California 90723
|Motto||"Once a Pirate, Always a Pirate"|
|School district||Paramount Unified School District|
|Principal||Greg Buckner, Ed.D. (Senior Campus); Morrie Kosareff (West Campus)|
|Athletics conference||San Gabriel Valley League|
Paramount High School is a comprehensive public high school in Paramount, California, USA. It is part of the Paramount Unified School District. The school serves students in grades 9–12 on two campuses, West Campus for 9th grade students and Senior Campus for grades 10–12. Being the largest school in the area with one of the highest populations in California, most students enrolled come from the cities of Paramount, Lakewood, Bellflower, Long Beach, Rancho Dominguez and South Gate.
- West Campus, which serves ninth grade students, located at 14708 Paramount Blvd.
- Senior Campus, which serves grades 10–12, located at 14429 Downey Ave.
Paramount High School offers a comprehensive curriculum. A number of Advanced Placement classes are available for interested students.
On 2008, Paramount High School has Renovations, Modernizations, and New Constructions. The $72 Million high school program includes a new athletic stadium, field house, mini gym, academic/science classroom building, and library/media center. The first phrase of program scheduled for construction is the athletic stadium and field house. The project incorporates solar power into all new buildings.
The site was completed in 2010.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Paramount Pirates play in the San Gabriel Valley League against Lynwood, Downey, Warren, Dominguez and Gahr. The Paramount boys' soccer team was 2010 Division III and State Regional Division I CIF champions. The Paramount boys' soccer team won CIF for 3 consecutive years (2010, 2011, 2012) thus given the nickname, the 3-peat champs. In 2012, they also won State Regional Champions. The Paramount wrestling team was 2011 Division VI CIF runner-up. In 2012, the Paramount boys varsity tennis won the first ever 4-peat in tennis. The recent years that tennis has won league, was in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. The Pirates have also won CIF state for boys soccer in 2017.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Dante Basco – actor, singer
- Traphik (TimothyDeLaGhetto) – actor, comedian, rapper, YouTube personality
- Charles Huerta – Professional boxer
- Brian Hunter – MLB player
- Leon Neal – NFL player, running back
- Antonio Pierce – NFL player, linebacker
- Rico Smith Jr. - NFL player, wide receiver
- Adán Chalino Sánchez – singer
- Jeff Sellers – MLB player
- YG – rapper
- Gil Velazquez – professional baseball player
- "Paramount High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- Morales, Robert (November 15, 2013). "Andre Ward dominates Edwin Rodriguez, winning wide unanimous decision". Long Beach Press-Telegram. Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Sondheimer, Eric (April 19, 2010). "Paramount to honor Brian Hunter". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Wagner, Dick (November 29, 1990). "Paramount Star Sets Example in Class, Too". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Allen, Scott (February 7, 2014). "Report: Long Beach Poly hires former NFL linebacker Antonio Pierce as next coach". USA Today. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Gurza, Agustin (April 3, 2004). "To His Fans, Sanchez Was Family". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Cafardo, Nick (February 21, 1988). "Smith's ready to achieve some fame". The Telegraph. Google News. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
|This Los Angeles County school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|