|Headquarters||Los Angeles California, United States|
Paramount Players is a film studio division of Paramount Pictures, focusing on "contemporary properties" while working with other Viacom brands.
On June 7, 2017, Jim Gianopulos, who joined Paramount Pictures as the Chairman and CEO in March, announced the launch of the Paramount Players division with Brian Robbins, the founder and former CEO of AwesomenessTV, as president. Robbins will work with Viacom’s Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and BET operations to generate projects while the new division focuses on "contemporary properties."
On October 1, 2018, Brian Robbins left his position as the president of Paramount Players after Viacom tapped him to be the president of Nickelodeon, ending his 16 month run at the studio. Despite leaving the studio, he will remain involved with Paramount Players' Nickelodeon films (Dora The Explorer, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and the live-action Rugrats film). Wyck Godfrey, the president of Paramount Pictures’ Motion Picture Group, is serving as interim and will oversee day-to-day operations with support from Robbins until Paramount finds a new president for the studio.
|Release Date||Title||Co-production with|
|November 2, 2018||Nobody's Fool||Tyler Perry Studios|
|January 4, 2019||Eli||Intrepid Pictures|
|February 8, 2019||What Men Want||Will Packer Productions|
|August 2, 2019||Dora the Explorer||Nickelodeon Movies|
|October 11, 2019||Are You Afraid of the Dark?||Nickelodeon Movies|
|November 13, 2020||Untitled Rugrats live-action/CGI hybrid film||Nickelodeon Movies|
Films in development
|Vacation Guide to the Solar System|||
|Untitled Gucci Mane biopic|||
|The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik|||
|Playing with Fire|||
|Born a Crime|||
|Gay Kid and Fat Chick|||
|Tigers Are Not Afraid|||
|Untitled Creepy Crawlers Film|||
|Untitled LeBron James Comedy|||
|The Unboxing Movie|||
|The In Between|||
- McNary, Dave (7 June 2017). "Paramount Pictures Launches New Production Division Headed by Brian Robbins". Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Ford, Rebecca. "Paramount's New Banner Lands 'Vacation Guide to the Solar System'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- Sandberg, Bryn Elise (October 1, 2018). "Viacom Names Brian Robbins President of Nickelodeon". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick. "Tiffany Haddish To Star In Tyler Perry's New Movie 'The List' For Paramount Players". Deadline. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- McNary, Dave. "Paramount Players Buys Horror Film 'Eli,' Sets 2019 Release Date". Variety. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- Fleming, Jr., Mike. "Paramount Players Plots 'What Men Want'; 'Empire's Taraji P. Henson To Star". Deadline. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- Couch, Aaron. "'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' Movie Lands 2019 Release Date". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Clopton, Ellis (July 16, 2018). "'Rugrats' Relaunch Set With Nickelodeon Series, Paramount Movie". Variety. Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "'48 Hrs.' Remake in the Works With 'Good Time' Filmmakers (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- Fleming, Jr., Mike. "'Body Cam' Spec Is First Movie Deal For Ex-Awesomeness TV Chief Brian Robbins". Deadline. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- "James Bobin To Direct 'Action Man' For Paramount Players, Based On Hasbro Toy". Deadline. 8 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Gucci Mane Biopic in the Works at Paramount Players, Imagine". Variety. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Paramount Players to Develop 'Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik' as Movie (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Paramount Players to Develop Family Comedy 'Playing With Fire' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Female Director Scorecard: Paramount Pictures Gears Up; 'Nightlife' Coming From Neal Moritz". Deadline. Retrieved 6 April 2018.
- Justin Kroll (May 29, 2018). "Paramount Players Lands Film Rights to Creepy Crawlers Toy Brand (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- Mia Galuppo (July 11, 2018). "LeBron James Comedy Sells to Paramount Players". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
- Natalie Jarvey (July 18, 2018). "Viacom Leads $15M Investment in Kids Media Brand Pocket.watch". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 19, 2018.
Viacom's Paramount Players has also purchased feature film The Unboxing Movie from pocket.watch. Further collaborations are expected.
- "Indecent remake". The Telegraph India. August 3, 2018. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "'Indecent Proposal' Remake In Development By Paramount Players". Forbes. 30 July 2018. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- Mike Fleming Jr (August 1, 2018). "Paramount Players Lands 'The In Between' Pitch As Vehicle For 'Kissing Booth's Joey King". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
|This article about an American film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|