Parandhu Sella Vaa
|Parandhu Sella Vaa|
|Directed by||Dhanapal Padmanabhan|
|Produced by||P. Arumaichandran|
|Written by||Sathyarajkumar, Payon and Dhanapal Padmanabhan|
|Music by||Joshua Sridhar|
|Edited by||M. V. Rajesh Kumar|
8 Point Entertainment
|Distributed by||Kalaipuli International|
|9 December 2016|
Parandhu Sella Vaa (English: Shall I Fly?) is a 2016 Indian Tamil language romantic comedy film directed by Dhanapal Padmanaban. The film stars Luthfudeen, Aishwarya Rajesh and Narelle Kheng in the leading roles. Featuring music composed by Joshua Sridhar, the film began production during January 2016.
- Luthfudeen as Sampath
- Aishwarya Rajesh as Madhavi
- Narelle Kheng as Min Yuan
- Sathish as Mani
- Karunakaran as Arun
- RJ Balaji as Mark
- Suganya Raja as Vidhya
- Joe Malloori as Douglas
- Anandhi as Radha
- G. Gnanasambandam as Sampath's father
- Ponnambalam as Ponnambalam
- Udaya soundari
- Unni Mukundan as Westzaam
In December 2015, Dhanapal Padamanaban revealed that he would be making a romantic comedy film set in Singapore featuring Luthfudeen Baasha, who was earlier seen in Saivam (2014), in the lead role for the first time. Aishwarya Rajesh and Salony Luthra were selected to play the lead actresses, while the team revealed that they were searching for one more heroine. Satish, Karunakaran and RJ Balaji signed on to play supporting characters, while Singaporean actors Guna, Mathi, Udaya soundari and Sukanya were also selected to portray supporting roles in the film. Production started for the film in January 2016 in Singapore. Salony Luthra opted out the film soon after production began, citing that the director had changed the story from the initial narration of the film she had heard. Singaporean actress Narelle Kheng subsequently replaced her in the role. After completing production without a title, it was later named as Parandhu Sella Vaa, taken from the title of a song from Mani Ratnam's O Kadhal Kanmani (2015).
The soundtrack and trailer for the film were revealed in a ceremony held in Singapore during June 2016, where Singaporean MPs Vikram Nair, Ganesh Rajaram and R. Dhinakaran were invited as chief guests.
- "I Do not want to be Typecast: Luthfudeen".
- "Chinese actress in Paranthu Sella — Times of India".
- "Salony shoots in Singapore — Times of India".
- "Salony walks out of Nasser's son's film — Times of India".
- editor (5 April 2016). "நடிகர் நாசர் மகன் நடிக்கும் படத்தில் பிரபல சீன நடிகை – நரேல் கெங் !".
- "A toast to youth". 29 June 2016 – via The Hindu.
- "Luthfudeen's PSV audio unveiled".
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|