Parandhu Sella Vaa
|Parandhu Sella Vaa|
|Directed by||Dhanapal Padmanabhan|
|Produced by||P. Arumaichandran|
|Written by||Sathyarajkumar, Payon and Dhanapal Padmanabhan|
|Music by||Joshua Sridhar|
|Edited by||Rajesh Kumar|
8 Point Entertainment
|Distributed by||Kalaipuli International|
|9 December 2016|
Parandhu Sella Vaa (transl. Shall I Fly?) is a 2016 Indian Tamil language romantic comedy film directed by Dhanapal Padmanaban. The film stars Luthfudeen, Aishwarya Rajesh and Narelle Kheng in the leading roles. Featuring music composed by Joshua Sridhar, the film began production during January 2016.
- Luthfudeen as Sampath
- Aishwarya Rajesh as Madhavi
- Narelle Kheng as Min Yuan / Lily Chan
- Karunakaran as Arun
- RJ Balaji as Markandeyan (Mark)
- Sathish as Mani
- Joe Malloori as Douglas
- G. Gnanasambandam as Sampath's father
- Ponnambalam as Ponnambalam
- Suganya Raja as Vidhya
- Anandhi as Radha
- Udaya Soundari
In December 2015, Dhanapal Padamanaban revealed that he would be making a romantic comedy film set in Singapore featuring Luthfudeen Baasha, who was earlier seen in Saivam (2014), in the lead role for the first time. Aishwarya Rajesh and Salony Luthra were selected to play the lead actresses, while the team revealed that they were searching for one more heroine. Satish, Karunakaran and RJ Balaji signed on to play supporting characters, while Singaporean actors Guna, Mathi, Udaya soundari and Sukanya were also selected to portray supporting roles in the film. Production started for the film in January 2016 in Singapore. Salony Luthra opted out the film soon after production began, citing that the director had changed the story from the initial narration of the film she had heard. Singaporean actress Narelle Kheng subsequently replaced her in the role. After completing production without a title, it was later named as Parandhu Sella Vaa, taken from the title of a song from Mani Ratnam's O Kadhal Kanmani (2015).
The soundtrack and trailer for the film were revealed in a ceremony held in Singapore during June 2016, where Singaporean MPs Vikram Nair, Ganesh Rajaram and R. Dhinakaran were invited as chief guests.
The Times of India gave the film two out of five stars and wrote that "Much of it feels like an aimless drifting of one scene after another, with randomly placed songs and stunts".
- "I Do not want to be Typecast: Luthfudeen".
- "Chinese actress in Paranthu Sella — Times of India".
- "Salony shoots in Singapore — Times of India".
- "Salony walks out of Nasser's son's film — Times of India".
- editor (5 April 2016). "நடிகர் நாசர் மகன் நடிக்கும் படத்தில் பிரபல சீன நடிகை – நரேல் கெங் !".CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "A toast to youth". 29 June 2016 – via The Hindu.
- "Luthfudeen's PSV audio unveiled".