|Industry||Computer software, Software testing, Application Lifecycle Management|
|Elizabeth Kolawa, CEO|
|Products||C/C++test, Concerto, Insure++, Jtest, SOAtest, dotTEST, Virtualize|
|Divisions||Development Testing, Service virtualization, Embedded software testing, and API, cloud / SOA, composite application testing|
Parasoft (officially Parasoft Corporation) is an independent software vendor with headquarters in Monrovia, California. It was founded in 1987 by five graduates of the California Institute of Technology who had been working on Caltech Cosmic Cube.
The most recent awards/recognitions received were being named "leader" in Forrester's Functional Test Automation Tools evaluation, Jolt Grand Prize Award for Parasoft Virtualize, Parasoft's service virtualization technology and the Embeddy Award for most cutting edge product for embedded software developers & engineers. Parasoft joined the Eclipse Consortium board of stewards in 2002.
Parasoft develops automated defect prevention technologies that support the Automated Defect Prevention methodology developed by Adam Kolawa. These technologies automate a number of defect prevention practices for Java, C and C++, and .NET. The static code analysis practice identifies coding issues that lead to security, reliability, performance, and maintainability issues later on. In 1996, Parasoft submitted a patent application for their rule-based static code analysis. Since then, the original static analysis technology has been extended to include security static analysis, data flow analysis, and software metrics. In 1996, Parasoft submitted patent applications for technology that automatically generates unit test cases. Since then, the original unit testing technology has been extended to include code coverage analysis, regression testing, and traceability. The peer code review practice involves manually inspecting source code to examine algorithms, review design, and search for subtle errors that automated tools cannot detect. Although the peer inspection itself cannot be automated, peer code reviews preparation, notification, and tracking can be automated.
For cloud, SOA, APIs, and enterprise IT environments, Parasoft technologies automate practices such as API testing, integration testing, system testing, load testing, and penetration testing. Parasoft's service and SOA quality technology was first developed in 2002.
For service virtualization, Parasoft technologies are used to automatically capture and emulate dependent system behavior of mainframes, third-party components, or any system component that is unavailable or difficult to access for development and testing purposes.
- "Interview: Adam Kolawa, Parasoft" in socaltech.com, February 9, 2004
- "An Experimental Assessment of Express Parallel Programming Environment". CiteSeerX: 10
.1 .1 .113 .8007.
- History of Supercomputing
- The Forrester Wave™: Modern Application Functional Test Automation Tools, Q2 2015
- Jolt Award: Parasoft Virtualize in Dr. Dobb's Journal
- Announcing the winner of VDC’s Software Embeddy for the 2012 DESIGN East show! in VDC Research Analysts Blog
- Eclipse Board minutes December 2002
- Parasoft Joins Eclipse
- "Parasoft Company Profile" in BusinessWeek
- "Method and system for automatically checking computer source code quality based on rules" at www.uspto.gov
- "Jtest continues its trek toward code-testing supremacy product review in InfoWorld, October 6, 2006
- "Jtest promotes good Java hygiene" product review in JavaWorld, December 19, 2003
- "Method and system for generating a computer program test suite using dynamic symbolic execution " at www.uspto.gov
- "Parasoft C++test developer toolkit integrated into IDEs" at SearchSoftwareQuality.com, April 3, 2007
- "Clean up your SOAP-based Web services" product review in InfoWorld, November 26, 2007
- "System and method for testing of web services" at www.uspto.gov
- "Survey of Systems for Detecting Serial Run-Time Errors" by Iowa State University's High Performance Computing Group, February 22, 2006
- "Method using a computer for automatically instrumenting a computer program for dynamic debugging " at www.uspto.gov
- "Method and system for dynamically detecting leaked memory space in a computer program" at www.uspto.gov
- Parasoft Delivers Virtualize Platform by Darryl K. Taft, eWeek, June 2011
- Parasoft Aims to Ease App Testing Constraints by Adrian Bridgwater, Dr. Dobb's Journal, June 2011
- Parasoft Sends In Software "Liberation" Troops by Adrian Bridgwater, Dr. Dobb's Journal, February 2011
- Parasoft creates test environment for transactions by Victoria Reitano, SD Times, February 2011