Parasol Henbee manga volume 1
|Genre||Comedy, Fantasy, Adventure|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Fujiko Fujio|
|Original run||2 October 1989 – 28 January 1991|
|Released||November 16, 1990|
|Released||February 15, 1991|
Parasol Henbee (パラソルヘンべえ Parasoru Henbee?) is a Japanese anime series produced and directed by Fujiko Fujio (A) (The pen name for Motoo Abiko) in 1989 which ran for 200 episodes and was translated into many languages - Chinese, English, Hebrew and Spanish amongs them. Abiko also adapted the series into a manga.
This series resembles Doraemon a lot, due to similarities between animation styles and plots.
While playing in his world Henbee fell down through a tunnel in a waterfall and woke up in the human world inside a closet of a kid named Maruko. The tunnel is closed, preventing him from returning to his home world. Henbee possesses a magical parasol and with it he can fly and do magic, he also can speak to animals and fulfill everyone's dreams. Soon Henbee and Maruko become friends, and Henbee gets to help him out while staying at Maruko's house. Occasionally the tunnel back to his home world opens and animals and friends from his home world come through. Later when Henbee gets the chance to return to his home world, he hesitates due to his friendship with Maruko. Later in the series Henbee and Maruko travel to his home world with Henbee's magical Parasol.
- Henbee (Voiced by: Meiko Nakamura) - The main character of the series. A mysterious small talking pink hippopotamus-like creature. He has a magical parasol and with it he can fly and do magic, he also can speak to animals and fulfill everyones dreams.
- Maruko (Voiced by: Junko Hori) -
- Megeru (Voiced by: Noriko Hidaka) -
- Abuko (Voiced by: Rei Sakuma) -
- Izumi (Voiced by: Rei Sakuma) -
- Memosuke (Voiced by: Ryusei Nakao) -
- Gorita (Voiced by: Tesshō Genda) -
|This anime television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|