|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Parasram Maderna (July 23, 1926 – February 16, 2014) was an Indian National Congress politician and senior jat leader from Rajasthan, India. He originated from Lakshman Nagar village in Jodhpur district.
On his return to Rajasthan from Lucknow, he was involved with Baldev Ram Mirdha in the Marwar Kisan Sabha and then the Rajasthan Kisan Sabha, both of which were agrarian movements. The Kisan Sabha became a part of the Indian National Congress and in 1953 he was elected as Sarpanch of Chadi village Chadi. Subsequently, he was elected on nine occasions as a Member of Legislative Assembly in Rajasthan.
In the course of his public and political life he was a minister in Rajasthan Cabinet of General Administrative, Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Cooperative, Forest, Colonization, Rehabilitation, Flood, Famine, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Community Development, Local Bodies and Sheep & Wool, Energy, Irrigation Departments.
Maderna died in the early hours of February 16 2014, at SMS Hospital Jaipur following a prolonged illness. He was 87.
Membership of Legislature
- 1957 - 1962 - Member, Second Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1962 - 1967 - Member, Third Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1967 - 1972 - Member, Fourth Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1972 - 1977 - Member, Fifth Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1977 - 1980 - Member, Sixth Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1980 - 1985 - Member, Seventh Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1990 - 1992 - Member, Ninth Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1993 - 1998 - Member, Tenth Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1998 - 2003 - Member, Eleventh Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1953 - 1956 - Sarpanch, Village - Chadi, District -Jodhpur
- 1957 - 1962 - Member of PAC and Estimates Committee
- 1987 - 1990 - Chairman, Central Cooperative Bank Ltd, Jodhpur
- 1962 - 1966 - Dy. Minister, Deptt of General Administration
- 1966 - 1977 - Minister Deptt of GAD, Revenue, Panchayat Raj, Cooperative, Forest, Colonization, Rehabilitation, Flood, Famine, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Community Development, Local Bodies and Sheep & Wool, Government of Rajasthan
- 1974 - 1977 - Dy. Leader of INC Party in the Assembly
- Feb'1979 - Aug'1979, and 1993–1998, Leader of Opposition, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1980 - 1981 - Chairman, Committee on Subordinate Legislation
- 1981 - 1982 - Minister, Deptt of Irrigation, PHED, Revenue, Land Reforms, Energy, and Flood & Famine, Government of Rajasthan
- 1981 - 1985 - Member, Syndicate, Jodhpur University
- 1982 - 1985 - Minister, Deptt of Irrigation, PHED, and Ground Water, Govt of Rajasthan
- 1990 - 1992 - Chairman, Public Accounts Committee
- 1994 - 1998 - Chairman, Public Undertakings Committee
- 6th Jan, 1999 to 15th Jan, 2004 Speaker, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
Party posts held
- 1957 - 1959 - President, District Pradesh Congress Committee
- 1959 - 1962 - General Secretary, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee
- 1989 - 1994 - President, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee
- Political families of Rajasthan and Political families of India.
- Mahipal Maderna, his son, Former State Cabinet Minister.
- Leela Maderna, his daughter in-law, General Secretary, Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee, Former Chairperson, Apex Bank Rajasthan, Chairperson, Jodhpur Central Co-operative Bank, Zila Parishad Member Jodhpur.
- Divya Maderna his grand daughter,Zila Parishad Member Jodhpur, Member Rajasthan Pradeep Congress Committee.
- "Veteran Congress leader Parasram Maderna dies". The Times of India. Feb 16, 2014.