Paratriathlon at the Summer Paralympics
|Paratriathlon at the Summer Paralympics|
|Events||6 (men: 3; women: 3)|
Paratriathlon is a variant of the triathlon for athletes with a variety of physical disabilities. The sport is governed by the International Triathlon Union (ITU). The Paralympic event is a sprint race consisting of 750 m swimming, 20 km cycling and 5 km running stages. Athletes of both sexes compete in six categories according to the nature of their physical impairments.
- "Paratriathlon added to the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games | Triathlon.org – International Triathlon Union". Triathlon.org. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Paratriathlon". Rio 2016. 1989-08-06. Archived from the original on 2013-12-06. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Rio ready to emulate London". Sport24.co.za. 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Para-Triathlon | IPC". Paralympic.org. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- "Para-Triathlon | IPC". Paralympic.org. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Paratriathlon – Triathlon.org – The Official Triathlon Resource". Triathlon.org. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
|This Paralympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|