Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies
|Rabbi Daniel Landes|
Pardes is an open, co-ed and non-denominational Jewish learning community, based in Jerusalem and with programs worldwide.
Students encounter and grapple with classic texts and traditions of Judaism, while exploring their relevance to today’s most pressing issues.
Pardes empowers students with the knowledge and tools to take ownership of their Jewish experience.
Diversity is at the core of Pardes and students represent a broad spectrum of the Jewish world. The result is a vibrant community constantly engaged in honest, dynamic and constructive debate leading to serious personal reflection and growth.
Our renowned faculty members affiliate with a range of communities. While the vast majority live their lives in accordance with halakha (Jewish law), they differ from one another in their philosophical, spiritual and practical approaches to Judaism.
Through relationships with faculty, the community and Jewish texts, students leave Pardes with refined critical thinking, improved communication and interpersonal skills and more nuanced and sensitive perspectives.
The Pardes model has inspired four decades of Jewish leadership marked by openness, passion, Jewish literacy, knowledge and inclusivity, and continues to inspire new possibilities for Jewish communities worldwide.
Pardes’s mission is to: Provide a co-educational, open, inclusive, diverse and intellectually challenging environment in Jerusalem which engages all Jews in the study of the classic texts and ideas of their heritage. Offer its students an intense experience of Jewish life and tradition. Cultivate in its students a life-long love of Jewish learning, the Jewish people and Israel, inspiring them to engage in Jewish life, as communal leaders, educators, and spiritual leaders.
Pardes programs include:
- The Pardes Year Program
- The Pardes 3-week Summer Program
- The Pardes Community Education Program
- The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators
- The Pardes Center for Judaism and Conflict Resolution
- The Pardes Executive Learning Seminar
- The Pardes Kollel
- Other Pardes Programs
Pardes partners include:
- Avi Chai is a sponsor for the Pardes Educators Program
- Hebrew College
- Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
- Jewish Agency for Israel's Masa program
- After nearly 20 years in Talbiyeh, the AACI is moving to a new, bigger home
- "About The Pardes Institute".
- "From the President & CEO".
- "From the Director".
- "From the Dean".
- "Pardes from Jerusalem Podcast".
- "The Pardes Year Program".
- "The Pardes Summer Program".
- "The Pardes Community Education Program".
- "The Pardes Center for Jewish Educators".
- "The Pardes Center for Judaism and Conflict Resolution".
- "The Pardes Executive Learning Seminar".
- "The Pardes Kollel".
- "Full Listing of Pardes Programs".
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- [dead link]