Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil
|Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil|
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Written by||Ritu Bhatia|
|Creative director(s)||Sandiip Sickand|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||170|
|Executive producer(s)||Aayush Agrawal|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||7 November 2016 –|
30 June 2017
Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil (English: My Heart Lives In A Foreign Land) is a 2016 daily Indian soap opera that premiered on Star Plus on 7 November 2016. Produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor, the series stars Arjun Bijlani, Drashti Dhami. It was inspired by Shah Rukh Khan's 1997 film, Pardes. as well as Manju Kapur's 2008 novel, The Immigrant. The series was filmed in India, Vienna, and Innsbruck, Austria. The show was dubbed in Malayalam as Akkareyanente Manasam and aired on Asianet Plus.[not verified in body]
Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil tells the story of Naina and Rihaan, two individuals who are fated to meet and fall in love in a foreign land, but destined to face challenges before their ultimate union and Raghav dies and Naina marries Rihaan.[failed verification]
The show follows the story of Naina and Raghav, both from India, who meet in and start a new life in Austria. Raghav works for a rich Indian family, the Mehras, in Austria and is in love with a girl named Sanjana, a rich spoilt brat who ignores him. Naina, on the other hand, is forced to break up with her fiancé Amit due to her mother's illness. She goes to Austria for her mother's operation who is a heart patient.
Naina and Raghav meet and become friends. Impressed with Naina, Dadi, the matriarch of the Mehra family, wants Naina to be married to her spoilt grandson, Veer but on the day of the wedding she asks Raghav to sit in for the groom. As a result, Naina and Raghav are married.
Naina feels betrayed but soon starts to trust Raghav. Sanjana becomes pregnant with Veer's child and briefly causes a misunderstanding making Naina believe that it's Raghav's child. This is cleared and Naina helps Raghav start a business in Austria. Dadi falls into a coma. Raghav invents a product but Veer and his father steal the idea and sell it of as their own. Naina collects evidence against Veer and shows it to the buyer, Mr Rehaan Khurana, but he tells her that she can buy her husband's patent back only if she gets €20,000. Naina meets Ahana and agrees to become a surrogate mother to help Raghav.
Raghav misunderstands the situation and thinks Naina is having an affair and is carrying someone else's baby. Without knowing the truth, he and Naina gets divorced, Veer and Sanjana gets married and Sanjeet is born, Shaurya married Pragya and Prayag is born and then Ahana meets a car accident planned by Harjeet, she tells Naina that the baby is in danger then, she dies.
3 Months Later
The show shifts to India. Naina lives in India and Raghav has become an arrogant businessman with the help of Naina secretly. Akash married Avni and Ashi is born. Dadi is still in a coma and when she wakes up, she mistakes Ahana's baby to be Raghav and Naina's. Raghav buys the company that Naina worked in only to trouble her but softens up later. Ahana's husband, Rehaan gets to know that his wife hired a surrogate so he started searching her and also told about this to his evil mother, Harjeet, who wants to kill Ahana's baby. Harjeet sends goons to harm the pregnant Naina but Raghav rescues her and she gives premature birth to a baby boy.
Naina and Raghav grow closer and confess their love but due to misunderstandings, they grow apart. Rehaan kills Raghav thinking Raghav had kidnapped the baby. Raghav still thinks Naina cheated on him with Rehaan and was carrying his baby. Raghav then comes to know the truth about the relationship and dies. Naina gets married to Rehaan to look after her baby Ahaan. Naina and Dadi live in Rehaan's house and take revenge on Harjeet and Armaan. Naina also acts to be possessed by Ahana's spirit. Ira and Armaan gets married after several events Rehaan put Armaan in jail and Naina reveals Harjeet's real intention to kill Rehaan's child and her. Naina also reveals to Dadi that Rehaan and Naina's marriage is real then she leaves Naina and Rehaan and Harjeet get jailed for her crimes. Naina delivers Raghav's baby and Rihaan named the daughter, Raina. Then, Rihaan and Naina consummate their marriage.
7 years later
In Khurana family, Naina and Rehaan lives with their children-Ahaan, Raina, Nihaan and Naira; Asha; Tai; Rajeev, Chanchal and Anjeet; Zina, Malik and Malika and Dilraj, Balwant and Balwant. Naina gives tuitions to the girls. The girls ask her the meaning of love then she smiles at Rehaan and their perfect family and in Mehra family, Ira gives birth to Armaan's daughter, Niral and the show ends.
- Arjun Bijlani as Raghav Mehra-Indumati Mehra's adopted grandson and Naina's ex-husband. (Dead)(2016-2017)
- Drashti Dhami as Naina Rihaan Khurana(née Batra/Mehra)-Asha's daughter; Rajeev, Zina and Dilraj's sister; Rihaan's wife; Ahaan, Raina, Nihaan and Naira's mother; Chanchal, Malik and Balwant's sister-in-law; Raghav's ex-wife; Veer's ex fiancée; Amit's ex lover.(2016–17)
- Vineet Raina as Rihaan Khurana-Naina's husband; Ahaan, Raina, Nihaan and Naira's father; Asha's son-in-law; Rajeev, Chanchal, Zina, Malik, Dilraj and Balwant's brother-in-law; Ahana's ex-husband.(2016-2017)
- Alka Amin as Asha Khurana/ Batra-Rajeev and Naina's mother; Chanchal and Rehaan's mother-in-law; Ahaan, Raina, Anjeet, Nihaan and Naira's grandmother. (2016–2017)
- Unknown as Tai-Rajeev, Chanchal, Naina and Rihaan's Tai. (2017)
- Alok Narula as Rajeev Khurana/ Batra-Asha's son, Naina's brother, Chanchal's husband, Anjeet's father, Rehaan's brother-in-law.(2016–2017)
- Sangeeta Kapure as Chanchal Khurana/Batra-Rajeev's wife; Anjeet's mother, Asha's daughter-in-law; Rehaan and Naina's sister-in-law. (2016–2017)
- Unknown as Zina Khurana-Malik's wife, Malika's mother, Rajeev and Naina's friend turned sister, Chanchal and Rehaan's sister-in-law.(2016-2017)
- Unknown as Dilraj Khurana/Batra/ Kaur-Balwant's wife, Balraj's mother, Rajeev and Naina's friend turned sister, Chanchal and Rehaan's sister-in-law.
- Surekha Sikri as Indumati Mehra-Madan and Balraj's mother; Raghav, Veer, Shaurya, Akaash and Ira's dadi. (2016–2017)
- Rakesh Kukreti as Madan Mehra-Indumati's first son; Sudha's husband; Veer and Akaash's father; Sanjana and Avni's father-in-law; Sanjeet and Ashi's grandfather. (2016–2017)
- Manini Mishra as Sudha Mehra-Madan's wife; Veer and Akaash's mother; Sanjana and Avni's mother-in-law; Sanjeet and Ashi's grandmother. (2016-2017)
- Laksh Lalwani as Veer Mehra- Sudha and Madan's first son; Akaash's brother; Sanjana's husband; Sanjeet's father, Naina's ex-fiancé.(dead). (2016–2017)
- Additi Gupta as Sanjana Mehra(née Kukreja)-Veer's wife, Sanjeet's mother, Sudha and Madan's daughter-in-law.(2016-2017)
- Lovekesh Solanki as Akash Mehra-Sudha and Madan's second son; Veer's brother; Avni's husband; Ashi's father. (2016–2017)
- Manish Khanna as Balraj Mehra-Indumati's second son; Parmeshwari's husband; Shaurya and Ira's father; Pragya and Armaan's father-in-law; Prayag and Niral's grandfather.(2016–2017)
- Sonia Rakkar as Parmeshwari “Pam” Mehra-Balraaj's wife; Shaurya and Ira's mother; Pragya and Armaan's mother-in-law; Prayag and Niral's grandmother. (2016-2017)
- Ankit Shah as Shaurya Mehra-Pam and Balraaj's son; Ira's brother; Pragya's husband; Prayag's father; Armaan's brother-in-law. (2016–2017)
- Rini Das as Ira Armaan Khurana(née Mehra)-Pam and Balraj's daughter, Shaurya's sister, Armaan's wife, Niral's mother, Harjeet's daughter-in-law. (2016–2017)
- Pulkit Bangia as Armaan Khurana-Harjeet's son, Ira's husband, Niral's father, Pam and Balraj's son-in-law. (Jailed) (2017)
- Sudha Chandran as Harjeet Khurana-Armaan's mother, Ira's mother-in-law, Niral's grandmother. (Jailed)(2017)
- Adaa Khan as Ahana-Rehaan's ex-wife; Ahaan's mother.(dead) (2017)
- Parveen Kaur as Amit's mother.
- Vicky Arora as Amit Mehrotra-Naina's ex-fiancé and also her ex lover. Later, he regrets to betray her. (2016–2017)
- Lucinda Nicholas as Amit's girlfriend who ditched him for money.
- "Onir returns to TV after 22 years - Times of India". Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "SHOCKING NEWS! PARDES MEIN HAI MERA DIL to go Off Air". Archived from the original on 17 April 2017. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Pardes Mein Hai mera Dil cast is all set for the show's premiere tonight - Times of India". Archived from the original on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "5 reasons why Drashti Dhami and Arjun Bijlani's Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil looks promising - The Times of India". Archived from the original on 17 November 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Arjun Bijlani's new show is inspired by Shah Rukh Khan's Pardes, see pics". 6 October 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Drashti Dhami's new show Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil to be shot in Austria". India Today. 24 August 2016. Archived from the original on 9 November 2016. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Vineet Raina, Drashti Dhami in Vienna, Austria with the team of Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Vineet Raina-Drashti Dhami to redefine romance on television". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 8 November 2016. Retrieved 6 November 2016.
- "Star Plus confirms 'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3' to replace 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil'". Retrieved 8 June 2017.
- "'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? 3' to replace 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' on Star Plus ths month". Archived from the original on 2 August 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.