Journey Beyond Three Seas
|Directed by||Khwaja Ahmad Abbas
|Produced by||Naya Sansar
|Written by||Khwaja Ahmad Abbas
|Music by||Anil Biswas
Ali Sardar Jafri
Journey Beyond Three Seas (Hindi: Pardesi; Russian: Хождение за три моря (Khozhdenie za tri morya)) is a 1957 Indian-Soviet film, jointly directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas and Vasili Pronin. It was made in two version, Hindi and Russian, and is based on the travelogues of Russian traveller Afanasy Nikitin, called A Journey Beyond the Three Seas, which is now considered a Russian literary monument.
Made during the high time of Indo-Russian amity, Pardesi is an Indo-Soviet film co-production between the state-owned "Mosfilm Studio" and Khwaja Ahmad Abbas's, "Naya Sansar International" production house.
- Oleg Strizhenov - "Afanasi"
- Nargis Dutt - "Champa"
- Prithviraj Kapoor
- Balraj Sahni
- Bharat Bhushan
- Manmohan Krishna
- P. Jairaj
- Achala Sachdev
- Iya Arepina
- Vitali Belyakov
- Stepan Kayukov
- "Rasiyaa Re Man Basiyaa Re" - Meena Kapoor
- "Na Dir Dhin Tana Dere Na, Na Ja Na Ja Balam" - Lata Mangeshkar
- "Phir Milenge Jane Wale Yar Dusvidaniya" - Manna Dey
- "So Ja Re Lalna So Ja Re Lalna" - Meena Kapoor
- "Rim Jhim Rim Jhim Barse Pani Re" - Meena Kapoor, Manna Dey
- "Jai Jai Ramkrishna Hari, Tujh Me Ram Mujh Me Ram" - Manna Dey
- "Arre Zara Suno Lagakar Dhyan" (2) - Manna Dey
- "Arre Zara Suno Lagakar Dhyan, Yaha Jan Me Log Mahan" - Manna Dey
- 1958 Cannes Film Festival - Golden Palm - Nomination
- 1958 Filmfare Best Art Direction Award - M.R. Acharekar
- Pardesi fourth Ind-Soviet co-production The Kaleidoscope of Indian Cinema, by Hameeduddin Mahmood, Affiliated East-West Press, 1974. page 17, 84.
- on YouTube
- Pardesi (1957 film) www.searchamovie.com.
- "Festival de Cannes: Journey Beyond Three Seas". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- -Awards Internet Movie Database.