From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up parenthesis or parentheses in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A parenthesis (plural parentheses) is a type of bracket used for punctuation.
It may also refer to:
- Parenthesis (rhetoric), an explanatory or qualifying word in a passage or statement.
- In Parenthesis, an epic poem of World War I by David Jones.
- Emphasis! (On Parenthesis), an album by the Stanton Moore Trio.
- Lecithocera parenthesis, a moth in the Lecithoceridae family.
- Triple parentheses, also known as an (((echo))), are a symbol used to highlight the names of individuals of a Jewish background.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Parenthesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.