Perfums Givenchy (French pronunciation: [paʁfœ̃ ʒivɑ̃ʃi]) is a French brand of perfumes and cosmetics, known for fragrances L'Interdit, Amarige, Organza, Pi, and Givenchy III. As part of Givenchy, it has been a subsidiary of LVMH since 1988.
Givenchy was founded in 1952 by designer Hubert de Givenchy, who retired in 1995. Known first for his haute couture work, Givenchy founded Les Parfums Givenchy in 1957. In 1958, Hubert de Givenchy asked his friend Audrey Hepburn to be the face of his parfume, L'Interdit, which only she was allowed to wear for a full year. He created a revolution in using, for the first time, a movie star on an advertising campaign.
Monsieur Givenchy and l'Eau de Vetiver were launched in 1957 and 1959, respectively, followed in 1970 by the launch of the female fragrance Givenchy III with the slogan "Who knows why one is reminded of a particular woman and not another one? Givenchy III gives memories to men." The success of Parfums Givenchy led to the construction of a factory in Beauvais.
Hubert de Givenchy created the "4G" logo for the brand and a cosmetic line launched in the United States.
In May 2019, a first-ever pop-up Givenchy beauty suite opened its doors to the visitors of the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, where the guests of the Cannes Film Festival could get their Givenchy makeover ahead of the red carpet premiere. 
- "Givenchy" (in French). Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "Hubert de Givenchy: 'It was always my dream to be a dress designer'". The Independent. 2010-06-07. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- Roff, Connie. "Hubert de Givenchy". Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- Kassam, Ashifa (2014-10-22). "Hubert de Givenchy needled by collapse of haute couture". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- FashionModelDirectory.com, The FMD -. "Hubert De Givenchy - Fashion Designer | Designers | The FMD". The FMD - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- (in French)Structure syntaxique des textes publicitaires Nicole Bachala, Alain Bentolila, Vera Carvalho, Université René-Descartes, Paris. Persée, revues scientifiques
- (in French)Givenchy, le luxe made in Oise Le Parisien, 28 janvier 2011
- Orlova-Alvarez, Tamara (9 June 2019). "Cannes Film Festival Beauty – From Beauty Suite to Red Carpet". Ikon London Magazine. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
|This product or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|