This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (September 2020)
It separates the Caribbean Sea from the Gulf of Paria.
The peninsula is part of the Serranía del Litoral mountain range, in the Venezuelan Coastal Range portion of the northern Andes. Its tip is within sight of the naked eye from the island of Trinidad.
- National Park
Península de Paria National Park protects a section of the peninsula.
As a political subdivision, the Paria Region of the Paria Peninsula is the aggregation of six municipalities within Sucre State:
- Bermúdez Municipality — (capital: Carúpano),
- Arismendi Municipality — (capital: Río Caribe),
- Benítez Municipality — (capital: El Pilar),
- Libertador Municipality — (capital: Tunapuy),
- Mariño Municipality — (capital: Irapa)
- Valdez Municipality — (capital: Güiria).