Paris Crossing, Indiana
|Paris Crossing, Indiana|
|Elevation||623 ft (190 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||440866|
Paris Crossing is an unincorporated community in southern Montgomery Township, Jennings County, Indiana, United States. It lies along State Road 250, south of the town of Vernon, the county seat of Jennings County. Its elevation is 623 feet (190 m), and it is located at (38.8295010, -85.6480215). Although Paris Crossing is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47270.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 52. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
- Zip Code Lookup
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 256. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
..along the railroad about a mile northwest of Paris, for which it was named.
- "Jennings County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
|This Jennings County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|