Paris Hilton's British Best Friend
|Paris Hilton's British Best Friend|
|Created by||Paris Hilton|
|Opening theme||"My BFF" by Paris Hilton|
|Ending theme||"My BFF" (instrumental) by Paris Hilton|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original release||January 29 – 19 March 2009|
|Preceded by||Paris Hilton's My New BFF|
|Followed by||Paris Hilton's My New BFF|
Paris Hilton's British Best Friend is a British reality television show where Paris Hilton searches for her new British best friend and is the second incarnation of the My New BFF franchise. The series aired on ITV2. Filmed in December 2008 (since there are references to Christmas) and premiered on 29 January 2009 and consisted of eight episodes. The first episode received 428,000 viewers with 2% share, according to overnight figures.
- The contestant is a female
- The contestant is a male
- The contestant became Paris' new BBF
- The contestant won the challenge
- The contestant was captain of the winning team in a challenge
- The contestant was up for discussion/elimination and was saved (was in the bottom).
- The contestant could not be present at elimination due to illness
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant wasn't in the competition at that point
- The contestant was put up for discussion/elimination at panel and won the challenge.
- The contestant was made the Pet.
- The contestant willingly left the competition.
- The contestant was asked to leave for medical reasons.
- The contestant was eliminated outside panel.
- The contestant was chosen by the Pet to be eliminated.
- TTYN Talk to you never. Paris will most likely never associate with the contestant.
- TTYS Talk to you soon. Paris will most likely speak with the contestant in the future.
- In Episode 2 the Pet, Carrie, had the power to place one contestant up for discussion, she chose Chrissie.
- During the discussion in Episode 2, Laura P. walked out and quit the show (because of Carrie's "fakeness") after she said people were being fake (Carrie and Emma) and said that if they stayed she would go, because she left no one was eliminated.
- In Episode 2 Laura M. replaced Kat due to Kat's appendectomy.
- In Episode 3 the contestants themselves decided who should be up for discussion.
- Kat was eliminated in Episode 2 on medical grounds, but after recovering, Paris invited her back in Episode 4 and made her the Pet.
- In Episode 5 the Pet, Kat, decided on one person that should be eliminated, this person was Ola.
- In Episode 6 the contestants suggested who they thought should be up for discussion, they chose Kat.
- In Episode 7 Chrissie was eliminated outside of panel.
- In Episode 8 Carrie was eliminated before going to L.A.
- In Episode 8 Samuel could not enter some clubs because he was not over 21.
|1||Jade Morgan||vs.||Layla Ward||Jade Morgan|
|3||Lydia Cottrell||vs.||Ola Ademola||Lydia Cottrell|
|4||Layla Ward||vs.||Carrie Amor||Layla Ward|
|5||The bottom three are:
Ola Ademola, Laura Meakin, Meddy Ford
|6||Kat McKenzie||vs.||Meddy Ford||Meddy Ford|
|7||Flic Field||vs.||Sam Hextall||Chrissie Wunna|
|8||All remaining contestants:
Carrie Amor, Emma Beard, Kat McKenzie, Sam Hextall
- The contestant was eliminated after their first time in the bottom.
- The contestant was eliminated after their second time in the bottom.
- The contestant was eliminated out of panel.
- The contestant was runners-up.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Name||Age||From||Reason for Elimination||Episode Eliminated|
|Samuel "Sam" Hextall||19||Burgess Hill||Winner||BBF|
|Kat McKenzie||25||Guildford||Paris was worried she might be too outspoken for her world. Paris said they would still remain friends just not Best Friends.||8|
|Emma Soraya Beard||25||Northampton||Paris was worried she would use her for her career in the music industry. Paris said they would still remain friends just not Best Friends. Emma is now known as Emma Barb, with Barb being French for beard, in an attempt to break into the French music charts||8|
|Carrie Amor||23||Yeovil||Paris felt she had a stronger connection with the other contestants, Paris said they could remain friends just not Best Friends||8|
|Felicia "Flic" Field||24||London||Paris felt she didn't really knew her and wondered if she was only a girl with luck winning challenges.||7|
|Chrissie Wunna||27||Pontefract||When fake eliminated she didn't seem that upset and Paris thought she was just there for personal gain, but when eliminated Paris said she still wanted to remain friends||7|
|Meddy Ford||19||Caerphilly||Wasn't doing well in the challenges and Paris thought she wasn't taking the show seriously||6|
|Laura Meakin||27||London||She didn't know much about Paris and they didn't get on||5|
|Ola Ademola||21||Nuneaton||She was eliminated by Kat for the reason she could upset someone and wouldn't be right for Paris and apparently wasn't trustworthy. Upon elimination Paris said they would still be friends, just not best friends||5|
|Layla Ward||25||Reading||She didn't get to know Paris well enough and was deemed fake by the other contestants||4|
|Lydia Cottrell||19||York||She was too shy and not bonding with Paris||3|
|Laura Perry||27||Essex||At elimination, Laura P walked out because she felt too many of the other girls including Carrie and Emma were being disloyal and fake.||2|
|Jade Morgan||19||Liverpool||At first impressions she seems very homesick & reluctant to participate in makeover challenge. In Paris's words: "Not coping in my world."||1|
First aired 29 January 2009
Socialite Paris Hilton is in search of a British best friend. The 12 hopefuls will need ambition and determination to pass her tests. Who will be Paris's new party pal?
- Challenge Winner: Laura P.
- Bottom 2: Jade, Layla
- Eliminated: Jade
First aired 5 February 2009
Paris Hilton's search for a British Best Friend goes on. It is truth time for the wannabes, and then they must face an all-night party mission. But things are about to turn sour.
- Challenge Winner: Chrissie
- Bottom 2: Chrissie, Lydia
- Withdrew: Laura P.
- Eliminated: Kat (asked to leave)
First aired 12 February 2009
Ten wannabes remain in the quest to become heiress Paris Hilton's new British best friend. Today they must prove they know Paris's taste and style by designing a dress for her.
- Challenge Winner: Team Sam, Team Flic
- Bottom 2: Ola, Lydia
- Eliminated: Lydia
First aired 19 February 2009
Paris Hilton continues her search for a British best friend. The hopefuls are sent to a farm to see if they share Paris's love of animals. Plus there are some shocks in the house.
- Challenge Winner: Sam
- Bottom 2: Carrie, Layla
- Eliminated: Layla
First aired 26 February 2009
Paris Hilton's search for a British best friend goes on. The wannabes must perform in a talent show for Paris and Scott Mills. Then she will hear from the hopefuls' own best pals.
- Challenge Winner: Chrissie
- Bottom 3: Meddy, Laura M., and Ola
- Eliminated: Ola and Laura M.
First aired 5 March 2009
- Challenge Winner: Carrie, Flic & Sam
- Bottom 2: Meddy, Kat
- Eliminated: Meddy
First aired 12 March 2009
- Challenge Winners: Flic, Kat & Sam
- Bottom 2: Flic, Samuel
- Eliminated: Chrissie, Flic
First aired 19 March 2009
- 4th Place Carrie
- 3rd Place Emma
- 2nd Place Kat
- Winner Samuel
|1||Make-overs||Laura P.||Red Carpet with Paris|
|2||24 Hour Party||Chrissie||Private time with Paris|
|3||Dress Design||Team Sam||Jewellery|
|Presents For Paris||Team Flic||Girls Night In|
|4||Farmyard Time||Flic, Ola, Chrissie||Spa Treatment|
|Real Or Fake||Sam||Dinner with Paris|
|6||Flirt with the Best||Carrie||Jewellery|
|Photo of Friendship||Flic and Sam||Photo Shoot with Paris|
|Spot Paris||Kat and Sam||Shopping with Paris|
After the show
Canadian music channel MuchMusic is currently airing re-runs. This is also one of the few shows on MuchMusic not to censor any form of profanity. It is one of the highest ratings for a non-MuchMusic program.
- "Property news: Rent Paris Hilton's TV home". The Daily Telegraph. London. 19 November 2008. Retrieved 22 November 2008.
- Holmwood, Leigh (30 January 2009). "TV ratings: Jamie Saves Our Bacon watched by 2m". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- "Paris Hilton's British Best Friend show bombs despite wall-to-wall publicity". Daily Mail. London. 30 January 2009.
- "Paris Hilton picks former Mid Sussex student as 'best friend'". Mid Sussex Times. 26 March 2009.
- "Paris' budding friend Carrie 'has no regrets' about the contest". Western Gazette. 19 March 2009. p. 12. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Woodrow, Emily (22 February 2009). "Bombshell blown away by Paris". Wales on Sunday. p. 9. Archived from the original on 18 April 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Neil, Beth (6 February 2009). "My wacky weeks as Paris's new best friend". Daily Mirror. p. 22. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Merriman, Ryan (11 February 2009). "Ola wants to be best friend". Heartland Evening News. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Collinson, Dawn (4 February 2009). "Paris would have been a great mate". Liverpool Echo. p. 18. Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "Paris Hilton's My New BBF". ITV2. Archived from the original on 2 March 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- "Paris TV 'pal' dies aged 25". The Sun. London. 6 July 2009.
- "Hilton devastated over death of reality show contestant". Ireland On-line. 7 July 2009.
- "Kat McKenzie's Death Ruled a Suicide: UK Cops". 16 July 2009. Archived from the original on 6 August 2012. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "Ish slate filled with big names". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2 August 2009.
- "TV Guide Network to air Paris Hilton's British Best Friend in USA". Paris Hilton On-line. 31 March 2010.