|No. 6 – Larisa|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|League||Greek Basket League|
|Born||January 19, 1994|
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||243 lb (110 kg)|
|High school||Blue Ridge School|
(Saint George, Virginia)
|NBA draft||2017 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kyprianos Ioannis "Paris" Maragkos (alternate spelling: Maragos) (Greek: Κυπριανός Ιωάννης "Πάρης" Μαραγκός; born January 19, 1994) is a Greek professional basketball player for Larisa of the Greek Basket League. He is 2.06 m (6'9") tall and he can play at both the power forward and center positions.
High school career
Maragkos played high school basketball at the private Blue Ridge High School, in Saint George, Virginia. He led his team to a 20–7 overall record, and a VISAA state semifinals appearance in 2012, averaging 10.9 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 1.3 blocks per game.
Due to his limited playing time with George Washington, he transferred in 2014, to American University. During his first season with the American Eagles, he averaged 7.1 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 0.9 assists per game. At the end of his junior season, Maragkos rejected an offer from the Greek 2nd Division club Kavala, in order to continue his playing spell in college basketball with American University.
After playing with the junior youth teams of Panathinaikos, Maragkos made his debut at the professional level with Panathinaikos, on October 31, 2010, in the top-tier Greek Basket League, during the 2010–11 season, at age 16. His first game in the top Greek League came against Ilysiakos, in a game that Panathinaikos won, by a score of 81-62. Maragkos logged 2 minutes of playing time in his debut game.
He played in 2 games total in Greece's top pro league in the 2010–11 season, averaging 4.9 minutes per game. However, he retained his amateur status, thus making him eligible to play college basketball. In 2012, he left Panathinaikos, in order to study and play college basketball in the United States.
On September 5, 2017, he signed with Faros Larissas. On December 30, 2017, Maragkos achieved a career high scoring 29 points in a 106–79 defeat against AEK. He had 9/9 two-pointers and 3/4 three-point shots.
Greek national team
Maragkos was a member of the junior national teams of Greece. With Greece's junior national teams, he played at the following tournaments: the 2008, 2009, and 2010 editions of the FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship, the 2011 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship, and the 2014 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship.
- Kyprianos Ioannis MARAGKOS (GRE).
- Paris Maragkos Height 2.06.
- "Paris Maragkos - George Washington Athletics Official Athletic Site". gwsports.com. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "Sophomore Paris Maragkos granted transfer from men's basketball team". blogs.gwhatchet.com. March 24, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- GAME: ILISIAKOS AO 62 - 81 PANATHINAIKOS.
- Μαραγκός Κυπριανός | 2010-2011 (in Greek).
- Olympiacos inks promising big man Maragkos to four-year deal.
- gazzetta.gr Κορυφαία εμφάνιση για Μαραγκό!
- Kyprianos Ioannis MARAGKOS (GRE) participated in 10 FIBA / FIBA Zones events.
- Paris Maragkos at Twitter
- Paris Maragkos at euroleague.net
- Paris Maragkos at fiba.com
- Paris Maragkos at usbasket.com
- Paris Maragkos at draftexpress.com
- Paris Maragkos at realgm.com
- Paris Maragkos at esake.gr (in English)
- Paris Maragkos at esake.gr (in Greek)
- Paris Maragkos at espn.go.com
- Paris Maragkos at nbadraft.net