Paris Township, Union County, Ohio
|Paris Township, Union County, Ohio|
The Ellis Mounds in the township
Location of Paris Township in Union County
|• Total||36.4 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,004 ft (306 m)|
|• Density||483.7/sq mi (186.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087082|
Paris Township is one of the fourteen townships of Union County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 17,549 people in the township, 1,617 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Taylor Township - north
- Leesburg Township - northeast
- Dover Township - east
- Millcreek Township - southeast
- Darby Township - south
- Union Township - southwest
- Allen Township - west
- Liberty Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Union County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Durant, Pliny A. (1883). The History of Union County, Ohio, containing a history of the county; its townships, towns ... Chicago: Beers, W. H., & co. p. 64.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.