Paris Fashion Week
|Paris Fashion Week|
Magdalena Frackowiak in Elie Saab at Paris Fashion Week F/W 2011
|Genre||Clothing and fashion exhibitions|
|Organised by||French Fashion Federation|
Paris Fashion Week is a clothing trade show held biannually in Paris, France with spring/summer and autumn/winter events held each year. Dates are determined by the French Fashion Federation. Currently, Fashion Week is held in the Carrousel du Louvre, as well as at various other venues throughout the city.
Paris Fashion Week is part of the global "Big 4" fashion weeks, the others being London Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week. The schedule begins with New York, followed by London, and then Milan and ends in Paris.
In 2013, Paris Fashion Week (spring/summer season) started September 26 with Lucien Pellat Finet, and was followed by shows from major fashion houses such as Guy Laroche, Dries Van Noten, Comme des Garçons, Christian Dior, Lanvin, Isabel Marant, Sonia Rykiel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Balenciaga, and more. These runway shows are held to show the fashion industry what the various labels will be releasing and to increase sales for the brands.
- Bradford, Julie (2014). Fashion Journalism. Routledge. p. 129.
- Dillon, Susan (2011). The Fundamentals of Fashion Management. A&C Black. p. 115.
- Official Paris Fashion Week Site (Fédération française de la Couture, du Prêt à Porter des Couturiers et des Créateurs de Mode)
- Paris Fashion Week (news site in English)
- Tendencias de la Paris Fashion Week (news site in Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paris Fashion Week.|
|This fashion-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|