|• Total||19.98 km2 (7.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
When the British achieved paramountcy over India, the Nizams were allowed to continue to rule their princely states as client kings. The Nizams retained internal power over Paritala village until 1948 when Paritala was integrated into the new Indian Union.
A statue in depicting Hanuman called Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami is located in the village. It was installed in 2003 and stands 135 feet (41 meters) tall. It is the tallest statue of Hanuman in the world, and the tallest statue in India.
And there is Sai Baba Temple, and Sivalayam, Ramalyam are there and those temples are also very popular.
The Kollur mines were visited by Tavernier and William Methold who recorded that bullock cart loads of diamonds were being unearthed by 60,000 workers (1618 A.D.). Some of the most famous diamonds mined in Kollur mines, Gani Paritala and gani Atkur are:
- Koh-i-Noor (186 ct) – British Crown Jewels, London
- Great Mogul (787 ct) – Lost after Nadir Shah sacked Delhi
- Pitt or Regent (410 ct) – Apollo Gallery, Louvre Museum, Paris
- Orlov (300 ct) – Diamond Treasury, Kremlin, Moscow
- Nizam Diamond (440 ct) – Nizam's Treasury, Hyderabad
- Hope Diamond (67 ct) – Smithsonian Institution, Washington
- The Golconda (135 ct) – Dunklings Jewellers, Melbourne, Australia.
- Kolluru (63 ct) – Purchased by Tavernier and unknown location
During medieval times and British rule, Paritala-Kollur mines were famous for diamond mining. Diamonds such as Pitt and Regent diamonds were mined here. Other famous diamonds of Paritala mines include Darya-i-Noor, Dresden Green and Legrand Conde.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,298. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Tallest Statue in India : Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami | hotklix
- Large and Famous Diamonds: http://www.minelinks.com/alluvial/diamonds_1.html
- India Before Europe, C.E.B. Asher and C. Talbot, Cambridge University Press, 2006, ISBN 0521809045, p. 40
- A History of India, Hermann Kulke and Dietmar Rothermund, Edition: 3, Routledge, 1998, p. 160; ISBN 0415154820
- Deccan Heritage, H. K. Gupta, A. Parasher and D. Balasubramanian, Indian National Science Academy, 2000, p. 144, Orient Blackswan, ISBN 8173712859
- A Manual of the Geology of India: Economic geology, by V. Ball. 1881; Geological Survey of India, Henry Benedict Medlicott, William Thomas Blanford, Valentine Ball, Frederick Richard Mallett, p. 23
- "Master Diamond Cutters – Creators of Sirius Star®…the world's brightest diamond® and Diamond Restoration – recut, repair & re-polish service to the trade. » Paritala-Kollur".