|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)|
|KMC Ward||59, 60, 64|
|Parliamentary constituency||Kolkata Dakshin|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
Park Circus is an area in Central-East Kolkata. It has Entally and Sealdah to its north, Park Street and Chowringhee to its west, Taltala to its north west, Topsia and Ballygunge to its south and Tangra to its east. It is connected to both Park Street and AJC Bose Road. It is a locality of schools and colleges. Park Circus is currently part of the Kolkata Dakshin (Lok Sabha constituency).
It is notable for the following landmarks:
- Park Circus Maidan: Park Circus Maidan becomes a focal point during the winter—specially in December and January—as it becomes home to circus companies and kids all over the city flock to the maidan to watch circus.
- Don Bosco School, Park Circus: Don Bosco School, one of the schools in the city, is a major landmark of Park Circus.
- 7-point Crossing: One of the major crossings of Kolkata connecting Park Street, Suhrawardy Avenue, AJC Bose Road Flyover, Circus Avenue, Sir Syed Amir Ali Avenue and Shakespeare Sarani.
- Chittaranjan Hospital
- Lady Brabourne College
- Lady Queen Of the Missions School
- The Park Circus Connector to the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass is a road that carries a traffic load of about 8,000 vehicles in the morning and evening. A flyover has been constructed over the road to make the transport movement faster.
- A number of Mosques,Khanqahs and Dargahs, like the Masjid-e-Mohammadi. The Daira Sharif-e-Quadria situated at 40C, Shamsul Huda Road, Kolkata-17 is a famous Khanqah of Quadria order(the founder of this order is Hazrat Ghausul Azam) in Kolkata. Pir Sahib of Midnapore, Hazrat Syed Manal Shah Alquadri, the 22nd descendant of Hazrat Ghausul Azam is the Sajjadanashin of this Khanqah. It was founded in 1985.
- Christ The King Church is a church located at Park Circus.
- Fatima Parish, located near Park Circus, ministering to Christians in and around Park Circus area.
Park Circus is also famous for durga Pujas - Park Circus Beniapukur, Uddipani and Karaya Park Circus Sarbojonin.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Park Circus, Kolkata.|
Kolkata/South travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Others places of interest include the Tram Depot and Mughal cuisine restaurants. The traffic roundabout is now a spoke having lost its circular botanical charm in the form of gardens that inevitably had to yield to polluted vehicles. There is considerable history in the three large buildings on the perimeter - Haque Mansion, Queen Mansion and Palace. The buildings (# 2 for Sir Fazlur Rahman, # 3 Bangladesh High Commissioner's ex-residence and #4 (Dr. Shahidullah's Kolkata logding and Hedayet Ali - District Magistrate's residence) along Suhrawardy Avenue have considerable political, fine-arts and culinary history.