Park Cities, Texas
Park Cities is a term used in reference to two communities in Dallas County, Texas – the Town of Highland Park and the City of University Park. The two municipalities, which share a border, are surrounded by the city of Dallas and comprise an enclave.
- Total Population: 31,632
- Total Households: 11,590
- Total Families: 7,703
- Racial makeup:
- Per Capita Income: $80,211
- Median Household Income: $121,084
- Median Income (Males): In excess of $100,000
- Median Income (Females): $43,801
In terms of formal education, the Park Cities rank as Texas' first and second most educated communities. 82.8% of adults in University Park age 25 years or older possess an associate degree or higher, and 80.5% obtained a baccalaureate degree or higher. 76.6% of adults in Highland Park age 25 years or older possess an associate degree or higher, and 74.7% obtained a baccalaureate degree or higher.
In 1982 the Park Cities Historical Society, which is intended to preserve the community, was founded.
University Park is home to Southern Methodist University.
- The Dallas Morning News is the Dallas citywide newspaper.
-  Park Cities News is the official community newspaper since 1938.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Highland Park town, Texas". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): University Park city, Texas". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 19, 2012.
- Zethraus, Lee. "Living in style Park Cities No. 9 on magazine's list of affluent areas." The Dallas Morning News. March 22, 2000. Retrieved on December 9, 2011.
- Thetford, Margaret Ann. "Park Cities Historical Society to mark governor's birthplace." The Dallas Morning News. December 7, 1989. Retrieved on December 9, 2011.
- City of University Park - official site.
- Town of Highland Park - official site.
- Highland Park ISD
- Headlines about the Park Cities from The Dallas Morning News