Park Place Tower
|Park Place Tower|
Park Place Tower seen from Lincoln Park and Irving Park road
|Location||655 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60613|
Park Place Tower is located at 655 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, Illinois and is a 56-story, 901-unit condominium tower located in the Lakeview neighborhood in the north side of Chicago. Park Place Tower is the tallest building in Chicago outside of downtown. Park Place Tower is one of the largest residential towers in Chicago at 530.5 feet (161.7 m).
Construction and renovation
The tower was initially built in 1971. The entire building was completely renovated and converted to a condominium building in a multi-million dollar project that lasted from 2001 until 2006.
The Tower's redesign has earned many awards, including:
- The Interior Design Institute of British Columbia's Best in Show for 2002
- The Interior Design Institute of British Columbia's Gold Medal Award of Excellence for 2002
- The Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago's Silver "Key Award" - Best Overall Community, Urban for 2002
- The Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago's Silver "Key Award" - Clubhouse/Club Center, Urban for 2002
- The Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago's Silver "Key Award" - Lobbies for 2002
|This article related to a building or structure in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|