January 3, 1978
Iksan, North Jeolla Province, South Korea
|Education||Sangmyung University – Film and Media Studies (1996)
Sungkyunkwan University Graduate School of Performing Arts
|Spouse(s)||Han Jae-Suk (m. 2013)|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Sol-mi|
|Revised Romanization||Bak Hye-jeong|
Park Sol-Mi (born Park Hye-Jung on January 3, 1978) is a South Korean actress.
Park had a minor role in the 1996 series Papa, then made her official debut in MBC's amateur talent contest in 1998. Her breakthrough came in 2002 when she starred in several television dramas, including Bad Girls and the popular Winter Sonata. In 2004 she made her film debut in Park Jung-woo's Dance with the Wind, which required her to learn ballroom dancing over a four-month period of intensive training. For her second film, Paradise Murdered, Park received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress at the 2007 Blue Dragon Film Awards.
In 2008, Park signed a contract with management company Heavenly Star Entertainment. After a three-year hiatus from television, she was announced as the lead in the MBC drama My Lady, a remake of the 1980s series Terminal. Park said that she found the character of Sera appealing because of the good and bad sides to her personality.
In addition to being an actress, Park is also an amateur pianist. After attending a concert by Japanese pop group Jaja in 2005, she expressed a desire to perform with the band, and was later invited to play on their second album, I Love You. Park played piano on the album's title track, and also appeared in the promotional video. The album was released in February 2006 by Horipro under its MusicTaste imprint. She is also active in Japan with various promotions and commercials.
She began dating actor Han Jae-suk after they starred together in Merchant Kim Man-deok in 2010. They wed at Aston House, Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel in Seoul on April 21, 2013. In September 2013, Park's agency announced that the couple is expecting their first child. On March 23, 2014 she gave birth to their daughter.
||Papa||Friend of Hee-Joo's fiancee's younger sister (ep.15)||
||Wuri's Family||Han Ha-Na||
||Winter Sonata||Oh Chae-Rin||
|Bad Girls||Park Jae-Kyung||
||All In||Seo Jin-Hee||
||Golden Apple||Kim Kyung-Sook||
||Style||Choi Ae-Young (ep.7-8)||
||Merchant Kim Mandeok||Oh Moon-Sun||
||Dear You||Seo Chan-Joo||
||My Lawyer, Mr. Jo||Jang Hae-Kyung||
||Dance with the Wind||Song Yeon-Hwa|
||Paradise Murdered||Jang Gwi-Nam|
||Law of the Jungle – Amazon & Galapagos||
||Cast member (ep.41-50) |
|1998||MBC 신인탤런트선발대회||Grand Prize|
|Netizen Popularity Award|
|2002||SBS Drama Awards||New Star Award||Bad Girls|
- "Park Sol-mi, same company as Oh Ji-ho, 'Ignite Korea-Japan activities'". Hancinema. 1 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- Paquet, Darcy. "Dance with the Wind review". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- "Nominations" (in Korean). The 28th Blue Dragon Film Awards. Retrieved 2008-02-70.
- "Actress Park Sol-mi Returns to TV Screen". KBS World. 26 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- "Sea of Ambition interview we had with the main cast". MBC Global Media. 29 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- "Actress Park Sol-mi's Piano Music CD to Be Released in Japan". KBS Global. 17 February 2006. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- "Jaja - I Love You (2006)". CD Baby Music Store. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- Ko, Kyoung-seok (17 June 2011). "Park Sol-mi and Han Jae-suk dating". 10Asia. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Woo-young (17 June 2011). "Han Jae-seok, Park Sol-mi in a romantic relationship". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Choi, Eun-hwa (25 February 2013). "Park Sol Mi and Han Jae Suk to Marry Following a Three-Year Relationship". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- "Park Sol-mi, Han Jae-suk to Tie the Knot". The Chosun Ilbo. 26 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- Ahn, Joo-hee (27 February 2013). "Han Jae-suk, Park Sol-mi will marry". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Park Sol-mi, Han Jae-suk Release Pre-Wedding Pics". The Chosun Ilbo. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Moon, Gwang-lip (22 April 2013). "Han Jae-suk marries Park Sol-mi". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Lee, Jin-ho (6 September 2013). "Park Sol Mi Announces Her Pregnancy". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Actor Couple Park Sol Mi and Han Jae Suk Become Parents!". 23 March 2014. Retrieved 2015-04-08.
- "Park Sol-Mi becomes "Sol Raider" and makes funny faces". Korea.com. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-21.