Park West (Miami)
|Neighborhood of Miami|
High-rise construction in the mid-2000s has changed the nature of the neighborhood with an increased redevelopment interest
|Nickname(s): Nightclub District|
Park West neighborhood within the City of Miami
|• City of Miami Commissioner||Marc Sarnoff|
|• Miami-Dade Commissioners||Audrey Edmonson|
|• House of Representatives||Cynthia A. Stafford (D)|
|• State Senate||Gwen Margolis (D)|
|• U.S. House||Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R)|
|• Total||4,655(Park West population only)
71,000(Greater Downtown population)
|• Density||9,414/sq mi (3,635/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-05)|
|Area code(s)||305, 786|
|Website||Miami Downtown Development Authority|
Park West (colloquially referred to as the Downtown Nightclub District or Club Row) is a neighborhood of Greater Downtown, Miami, Florida, United States. It is roughly bound by Biscayne Boulevard to the east, West First Avenue to the west, North 10th Street to the south and Interstate 395 to the north. As of 2010, about 4,655 residents live in Park West. The neighborhoods is named 'Park West' due to its location just west of Bicentennial Park.
In recent years, the Park West neighborhood has become a popular film production center, with the filming of the 2012 Rock of Ages film that reconverted much of NE 14th Street into Los Angeles' Sunset Strip. Television show Burn Notice, filmed almost primarily in Miami's Coconut Grove neighborhood, also often films in Park West studios. In 2010, plans to build a production studio at 29 NW 13th Street were announced. The studios are expected to add a series of sound stages to Park West, and help expand the growing film production industry in the Park West area. In July 2011, production plans were announced for the Charlie's Angels 2011 TV show remake to be filmed in production studios in nearby Wynwood.
- Government Center (Northwest First Street and First Avenue)
- Historic Overtown/Lyric Theatre (Northwest Eighth Street and First Avenue)
- Downtown/Inner Loop
- Omni Loop
- "Club Row neighborhood in Miami, Florida (FL), 33136, 33132 subdivision profile - real estate, apartments, condos, homes, community, population, jobs, income, streets". city-data.com.
- "Park West neighborhood in Miami, Florida (FL), 33136, 33132 subdivision profile - real estate, apartments, condos, homes, community, population, jobs, income, streets". city-data.com.
- "I.A.T.S.E. LOCAL 477". ia477.org.
- "New owner plans rehabilitation of Wynwood free trade zone". South Florida Business Journal.
|This Miami-Dade County, Florida location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Miami, Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|