|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Tony Caterina|
|• Total||0.99 km2 (0.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||666 m (2,185 ft)|
|• Density||3,237.4/km2 (8,385/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-6.9%|
Parkdale is a central neighbourhood in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada located a short distance north of the downtown core. Located to the south of the neighbourhood is Commonwealth Stadium and to the north east is Northlands Coliseum. Parkdale is part of the Norwood area of Edmonton.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Parkdale had a population of  a -6.9% change from its 2009 population of 3,444. With a land area of 0.99 km2 (0.38 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,237.4 people/km2 in 2012.3,205 living in 1,896 dwellings,
The neighbourhood population is highly mobile with only 39.2% of residents having lived at the same address for five years or longer. One in five residents (22.4%) have lived at the same address for under one year, and another one in four (25.3%) have lived at the same address for one to three years.
Average household incomes in Parkdale are significantly below the average household income in the City of Edmonton at large.
|Income By Household - 2001 Census|
|Income Range ($)||Parkdale||Edmonton|
|(% of Households)||(% of Households)|
|$100,000 and over||1.9%||12.6%%|
|Average household income||$36,807||$57,360|
Parkdale is an older neighbourhood with roughly four out of ten (40.5%) or residences being constructed by the end of World War II. another third of the residences (32.4%) were constructed between the end of the war and 1960.
Two out of three residences in the neighbourhood (67%) are single-family dwellings according to the 2005 municipal census. Another 27% are a mixture of apartment style condominiums and rented apartments. Most of the remainder are duplexes with a few row houses and some social housing units as well. Six out of ten (61.1%) of residences are owner-occupied with the remainder being rented.
There is one school in the neighbourhood; St. Alphonsus Catholic Elementary Junior High School is operated by the Edmonton Catholic School System. Parkdale Elementary Junior High School was operated by the Edmonton Public School System until its closure in 2010.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the south by 112 Avenue, on the north by 118 Avenue, on the west by 89 Street, and on the east by the Canadian National Railway right of way and the city's north east LRT line. Fort Road passes through the neighbourhood.
|Alberta Avenue||Edmonton Northlands|
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Length of Residence
- 2000 dollars
- Income is for all persons in the household. So, if there are two persons in the household and each person earns $15,000, the household income is $30,000
- Income by Households
- Income by Households
- Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
-  and