Parkman Township, Geauga County, Ohio
|Parkman Township, Geauga County, Ohio|
Location of Parkman Township in Geauga County
|• Total||27.0 sq mi (69.9 km2)|
|• Land||26.8 sq mi (69.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,198 ft (365 m)|
|• Density||154/sq mi (59.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086159|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Middlefield Township - north
- Mesopotamia Township, Trumbull County - northeast corner
- Farmington Township, Trumbull County - east
- Southington Township, Trumbull County - southeast corner
- Nelson Township, Portage County - south
- Hiram Township, Portage County - southwest corner
- Troy Township - west
- Burton Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- Brian Barthelmes, 2001 Kenston High School graduate, University of Virginia football star and former member of New England Patriots practice squad
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Parkman township, Geauga County, Ohio (revision of 12-05-2012)". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- Geauga County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Pioneer and General History of Geauga County: With Sketches of Some of the Pioneers and Prominent Men. Historical Society of Geauga County. 1880. p. 674.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.