Parkrose High School
|Parkrose High School|
|12003 NE Shaver Street
Portland, Oregon, (Multnomah County) 97220
|School district||Parkrose School District|
|Number of students||1103|
|Color(s)||Black, green, and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Northwest Oregon Conference 5A-1|
|Newspaper||The Bronco Blaze|
In 2008, 72% of the school's seniors received a high school diploma. Of 231 students, 167 graduated, 27 dropped out, ten received a modified diploma, and 27 were still in high school the following year. These numbers have gotten slightly better (and higher than the state average), with, in 2014, a 78% on-time graduation rate for seniors and 34 dropping out.
The Parkrose High School dance team, the Elite, placed first in the show division of the OSAA State Championships in 2010, 2011, and 2014.
- Ray Blume (born 1958) - All-American collegiate and pro basketball player
- Anna Song Canzano – television reporter and anchor
- LeRon Ellis (born 1969) – pro basketball player
- Michael Allen Harrison – musician
- Susan Helms (born 1958) - astronaut
- Eddie Kunz (born 1986) – pro baseball player
- Brian Lindstrom (born 1961) – filmmaker
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 26, 2011. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- The Oregonian. 2014 Graduation Rates. Portland, OR.
- Parkrose High School. Dance Team. Portland, OR.
- K.J. White, Miller's Time: A Legacy of OSU Basketball, 1971-1989. Portland, OR: Highland Times Press, 1997; pg. 58.
Media related to Parkrose High School at Wikimedia Commons
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|