Parkroyal on Pickering
|Parkroyal on Pickering|
External view of Parkroyal on Pickering
|Location||Downtown Core, Singapore|
|Address||3 Upper Pickering Street, Singapore 058289|
|Owner||UOL Group Ltd|
|Management||Pan Pacific Hotels Group|
|Height||89 m (292 ft)|
|Floor area||29,812 m2 (320,890 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Services engineer||TEP Consultants Pte Ltd|
|Number of rooms||367|
|Number of restaurants||1|
Parkroyal on Pickering (stylised as PARKROYAL on Pickering) is a luxury hotel located in the Central Area of Singapore. The building's "hotel-in-a-garden" design has been lauded for its unique architecture that incorporates 15,000 m2 (160,000 sq ft) of elevated terraced gardens.
Parkroyal on Pickering was opened in 2013.
The hotel was designed by WOHA, a Singapore-based architecture firm known for incorporating extensive greenery in their buildings. Designed to be a "hotel-in-a-garden", Parkroyal on Pickering features extensive greenery, including green walls, water features and 15,000 square meters of tiered "sky gardens".
Parkroyal on Pickering has 367 rooms and suits. The fifth floor of the hotel is a dedicated wellness floor that features a day spa, fitness centre, infinity pool and garden. The hotel offers a restaurant and bar called LIME.
- 2016 Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) Architectural Design Awards – Design Award (commercial category)
- 2015 CTBUH Skyscraper Award – Urban Habitat Award
- 2015 Singapore Experience Awards – Business Event Venue of the Year
- 2014 Australian Institute of Architects International Chapter Architecture Awards – International Architecture Award (commercial category)
- 2014 German Design Council Iconic Awards – Best of Best Award (public category)
- 2014 Good Design Award – Green Good Design Award
- 2013 INSIDE World Festival of Interiors – Best Interior Design (hotels category)
- 2013 World Architecture News (WAN) Awards – Hotel of the Year
- 2013 President's Design Award – Design of the Year
- "Parkroyal on Pickering". CTBUH Skyscraper Center.
- "Parkroyal on Pickering: Fact Sheet" (PDF). parkroyalhotels.com.
- Mun-Delsalle, Y-Jean (1 March 2017). "Parkroyal On Pickering In Singapore Is Designed As A Hotel And Office In A Garden". Forbes.
- Coffey, Helen (24 August 2015). "Parkroyal on Pickering, Singapore's garden hotel". The Daily Telegraph.
- Aggarwal, Narendra (29 October 2015). "PARKROYAL on Pickering". The Business Times.
- Hucal, Sarah (29 July 2016). "Architecture firm WOHA is greening Singapore's urban core". Curbed.
- Murray, Christine (15 November 2013). "Green giant: ParkRoyal by WOHA". The Architect's Journal.
- "16th SIA Architectural Design Awards 2016". sia.org.sg.
- Ashanoglu, Selin (23 July 2015). "Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat Announces 2015 Urban Habitat Award Winner". Architect Magazine. American Institute of Architects.
- Stott, Rory (24 July 2014). "Australian Institute of Architects Awards Best Overseas Projects by Australian Architects". ArchDaily.
- "2014 Iconic Awards". Wettbewerbe Aktuell. 12 June 2014.
- "Green Good Design: PARK ROYAL ON PICKERING, 2013 - Singapore, Republic of Singapore". 9 July 2014.
- "INSIDE World Festival of Interiors 2013 - Award Category Winners". bustler. 3 October 2013.
- Lim, Serne (5 July 2013). "Strong showing from S'pore in World Architectural Fest shortlist". Today.
- "15 designers and designs received Singapore's top design accolade – President's Design Award 2013". ura.gov.sg. 3 December 2013.
- Media related to Parkroyal on Pickering at Wikimedia Commons