Parks and open spaces in the London Borough of Redbridge
The London Borough of Redbridge, one of the northern peripheral London boroughs, has within its boundaries parts of two large open spaces: Epping Forest and Wanstead Flats. Apart from many smaller parks, gardens and sports grounds, the following are the main open spaces in Redbridge:
- Claybury Woods and Park
- Epping Forest - portions near Woodford (also Wanstead Park, see below)
- Hainault Forest Country Park: 136 hectares (340 acres)
- Hainault Lodge Nature Reserve: 6.8 hectares (17 acres)
- Fairlop Waters: an open space with two lakes and a golf course, at Fairlop
- Goodmayes Park
- Seven Kings Park
- Roding Valley Park
- South Park, Ilford 13.5 hectares (33 acres) 
- Valentines Park, Ilford: 52 hectares (130 acres)
- Wanstead Flats
- Wanstead Park (with lakes) and the Wanstead Golf Course
Fairlop Waters Country Park is one of 11 parks throughout Greater London chosen to receive money for redevelopment by a public vote, in 2009. The park received £400,000 towards better footpaths, more lighting, refurbished public toilets and new play areas for children.
The parks are patrolled by the Redbridge Community Police Team.
- "Natural England citation, Hainault Forest" (PDF). Natural England. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Brian Ecott (2013). "Hainault Lodge Local Nature Reserve". Hainault Forest Website. Brian Ecott. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Management Plan. South Park 2011-2016. Redbridge.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Valentines Park Management Plan 2009-2013". London Borough of Redbridge. p. 9. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- London parks get £6m for revamp (BBC News) accessed 10 March 2009
|This London location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|