Parks and open spaces in the London Borough of Bromley
The London Borough of Bromley in Greater London, England has over one hundred parks and open spaces within its boundaries: some large, like Crystal Palace Park, and some small, such as recreation grounds. Some of the open spaces form part of the South East London Green Chain. As a borough in Outer London it also contains some open countryside in the form of country parks.
The main open spaces under control of the borough are:
|Betts Park||12.5 hectares (31 acres)||Anerley||recreation ground with horticultural features|
|Crystal Palace Park||80 hectares (200 acres)||Crystal Palace|||
|Elmstead Wood||34.3 hectares (85 acres)||Elmstead|||
|Goddington Park||64 hectares (160 acres)||Orpington||sports and wooded areas|
|Harvington Sports Ground||47.25 hectares (116.8 acres)||Beckenham||woodlands and open space|
|Hayes Common||91.1 hectares (225 acres)||Hayes, Bromley|
|High Elms Country Park||100 hectares (250 acres)||Farnborough||Local Nature Reserve and Site of Special Scientific Importance|
|Hoblingwell Wood||87 hectares (210 acres)||St Paul's Cray|||
|Jubilee Country Park||25 hectares (62 acres)||Petts Wood||Local Nature Reserve|
|Kelsey Park||32.25 hectares (79.7 acres)||Beckenham||ornamental pleasure ground |
|Keston Common||55 hectares (140 acres)||Keston||Local Nature Reserve and Site of Special Scientific Importance|
|Norman Park||50 hectares (120 acres)||Bromley Common|
|Priory Gardens||14 hectares (35 acres)||Orpington||ornamental park|
|Riverside Gardens||21 hectares (52 acres)||Orpington||local open space |
|Scadbury Park||102 hectares (250 acres)||Chislehurst||Local Nature Reserve:  300 acres (120 ha) of countryside (pasture and woodland)|
In addition there are many other open spaces privately controlled; among them are:
- North of the borough: Cator Park and a large number of sports grounds in New Beckenham; Sundridge Park including its golf course; Camden Park, Scadbury Park and Elmstead Wood near Chislehurst;
- East of the borough: Ruxley Wood, Paul's Cray Hill Park, Hockenden Wood and Bourne Wood, all in the Green Belt area;
- West of the borough: a large open space around Bethlem Royal Hospital, including farmland and Crouch Oak Wood.
- Saltbox Hill, Site of Special Scientific Importance in Biggin Hill owned and managed by the London Wildlife Trust
- "Crystal Palace Campaign". www.victorianweb.org. Archived from the original on 17 March 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- Bromley, London Borough of. "Parks in Bromley". www.bromley.gov.uk. Archived from the original on 15 August 2017. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-10-08. Retrieved 2009-09-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2009-09-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-09-01. Retrieved 2009-09-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2009-09-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Capitalwoodlands.org". www.capitalwoodlands.org. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-24. Retrieved 2011-03-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)