Parkwood High School
||This article needs to be updated. (November 2009)|
|Parkwood High School|
|3220 Parkwood School RD
Monroe, NC 28112
|Color(s)||Black, gray, white and blue|
|Athletics conference||Rocky River Conference|
|Schedule type||Block Schedule|
Parkwood High School is located in Monroe, North Carolina, USA. It opened in August 1961. It is adjacent to Parkwood Middle School with feeder elementary schools Prospect Elementary School, Waxhaw Elementary School, and Western Union Elementary School. The principal is Stephanie McManus. Assistant principals include Cassie Eelly, Christopher Horne and Eldridge Moore III.
Parkwood is traditionally one of the highest scoring schools in the county, though in recent years[when?]res have diminished somewhat.
Parkwood High School gym was opened on August 10, 2007. Due to the overcrowding of the towns and schools, North Carolina has added trailers to Parkwood High School, as well as many other schools in Union County.
Parkwood High School currently[when?] has a newspaper called the 'Parkwood Blueprint. It also has a yearly literary magazine published under different titles.
Parkwood has recently[when?] added a research/portfolio graduation project starting for the class of 2010. As seniors, they will have to present a portfolio and presentation that will meet the NCGP requirements in the fall of the year. Students will start this project in the first semester of their junior year in high school and will work on it through the time to present it. This project will determine 50% of their grade for English 4 and is now a graduation requirement.
Air Force Junior ROTC
- "Parkwood High - AFJROTC History". Union County Public Schools. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
- "Parkwood High School’s Jr. ROTC Offers A Helping Hand". Monroe Scoop. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
- "Teacher Arrested, Accused Of Sex With Student". wsoctv.com. December 15, 2011. Retrieved September 17, 2016.
- "Eagles unveil roster". USLsoccer.com. April 11, 2005. Retrieved May 12, 2011.
- Parkwood High School website
- Union County Public Schools
- Parkwood High School
- Parkwood Rebels Football