14 October 1961 |
New Delhi, India
|Occupation||Actor, film producer & director, writer|
|Spouse(s)||Archana Puran Singh|
Parmeet Sethi is an Indian film director and TV actor.
Personal life and education
Parmeet was educated in Mumbai. He passed out of Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics. He married Archana Puran Singh, a film and television actress, on 30 June 1992. They have two sons Aaryamann and Ayushmaan. He is the cousin of TV actress Niki Aneja Walia. Archana and Parmeet had a live-in relationship before they married and Parmeet's parents were against their marriage.
Sethi received his first claim to fame with Yash Chopra film "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" (1995), in which he played the character of Kuljeet, an arrogant alpha male betrothed to the heroine Simran (Kajol) and competes with Raj the protagonist played by Shahrukh Khan.
He shot to fame in his TV career when he was chosen for the main lead in the Dubai based TV serial called Dastaan. His role was highly appreciated amongst the masses in this TV serial. He recently tried his first directorial venture, Yash Raj's "Badmaash Company" starring Shahid Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Meiyang Chang, which was a success at box office. Not many are aware that Parmeet wrote its entire script with dialogues in just six days.
- Nach Baliye (2005) TV mini-series .... Jodi 2
- Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat - Kutumb (2004) TV series
- Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2003–2006) TV series .... Raj Malhotra
- Detective Omkar Nath (D.O.N.) ... as Detective Omkar Nath.(D.O.N)
- Maayka ... as Prem
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa ...Host
- Tujhpe Dil Qurbaan...Major Vikram Ali
- Dastaan - Zee TV Serial based in Dubai. He was the central character, Karan Kapoor,
- Ruby Duby Hub Dub (2004) ... Deepak Malhotra
- Kaal (FILM)
- Dil Dhadakne Do....as Lalit Sood
- Parmeet Sethi at the Internet Movie Database
- Kartar Cheema's tribute to Parmeet Sethi's role from DDLJ
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|