Parnaíba-Prefeito Dr. João Silva Filho International Airport
|Parnaíba–Prefeito Dr. João Silva Filho International Airport|
Aeroporto Internacional de Parnaíba–Prefeito Dr. João Silva Filho
|Elevation AMSL||7 m / 23 ft|
Parnaíba–Prefeito Dr. João Silva Filho International Airport (IATA: PHB, ICAO: SBPB) is the airport serving Parnaíba, Brazil. It is informally known as Santos Dumont Airport because of the similarities of its architectural design with Santos Dumont Airport in Rio de Janeiro. It is named after a former mayor of Parnaíba.
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport is located on a privileged area with great touristic potential, near the municipalities of Camocim and Jericoacoara, in Ceará, the delta of river Parnaíba, in Piauí, and Lençóis Maranhenses National Park in Maranhão.
The architecture of the terminal is inspired by Santos Dumont Airport in Rio de Janeiro and it was opened on October 19, 1971. The runway is capable of handling most of the aircraft currently in use and can receive regular or charter domestic and international flights.
Airlines and destinations
|Azul Brazilian Airlines||Recife|
The airport is located 8 km (5 mi) from downtown Parnaíba.
- Airport information for SBPB at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBPB at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for SBPB at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PHB at Aviation Safety Network
- Parnaíba International Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net