|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article or section appears to contradict itself. (July 2014)|
|• Body||Municipal Council|
|Elevation||261 m (856 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-MH|
|Vehicle registration||MH 19|
Parola is a city and a municipal council in Jalgaon district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is located on the Hajira (Surat)–Dhule–Kolkatta national highway 6. The municipal council was established by the British government before the independence of India.
Parola is located at  It has an average elevation of 261 metres (856 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Parola had a population of 34,800. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Parola has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 61%. In Parola, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Parola is on Asian Highway 46 (NH 6),well connected to Jalgaon,Dhule,Nasik,Nagpur,Pune, Mumbai and major cities of India like Surat,Ahmedabad and Kolkata.
- Rani Laxmibai: birth place of warrior and Queen of Jhansi.
- Mr. Sadashivrao Nevadkar established the city around the 17th-18th century. He was a cousin of the Great King of Jhansi Mr. Gangadharrao Nevadkar (the husband of Rani Laxmibai). King Gangadhar gifted the city of Parola to Sadashivrao as a jagir. Mr. Sadashivrao built the fort in Parola as well as five big gates called Darwajas. The fort and Delhi Darwaja still exist.
- Shri Hari Narayan Apte: a famous Marathi writer who was born in Parola and then moved to Pune.
- Dr. Avinash Kumar Jha: doctor, helping poor people and quickly achieving fame in Parola, but died due to illness in January 2001.
- Krushanakant Jivanlal Gujarathi had great work in education system because of his work Government felicitated him by 'Aadharsh Shikshak"; he is vice chairmen in Balaji shikshan Pratishan Parola .
Parola is famous for Shree Balaji. Shree Balaji first arrived in Parola 345 years ago.[when?] It is a very old temple with a huge stone entrance called "Nagarkhana" and in front of the temple there is "Garudadhwaj"[clarification needed]. Every year, there is a procession for Shree Balaji which is very famous in Maharashtra and people gather to see the procession.
Parola is also famous for the fort, built by Khander rao around the 16th century. Madkay maroti also famous temple in Parola
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Parola
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.