|Elevation||492 ft (150 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||73008|
Paron is an unincorporated community in Saline County, Arkansas, United States. Paron is located along Arkansas Highway 9, 17.5 miles (28.2 km) northwest of Benton. Paron has a post office with ZIP code 72122.
As of 2006[update] some residents of Paron moved there from urban areas in Central Arkansas while others were born in families that owned land in the Paron area for multiple generations. In 2006 Jennifer Barnett-Reed and Max Brantley of the Arkansas Times stated that Paron, which "doesn’t seem" to have had an accurate population count from any organization or agency, "probably" had a population in the hundreds.
Circa 2006 most residents work in Benton, Bryant, and Little Rock, while some have construction and farming jobs in Paron. Reed and Brantley stated "within probably" 15 miles (24 km) to 20 miles (32 km) there are no retail stores nor gas stations.
Paron, a part of the Bryant School District, is served by Salem Elementary School, in Bryant, about 21 miles (34 km) from Paron, and Bryant High School, in Bryant. As of 2006[update] Paron area students are eligible to attend public schools in other school districts.
The community was initially in the Paron School District, which operated Paron Elementary School and Paron High School. On July 1, 2004 the Paron School District merged into the Bryant School District. Paron High School initially remained open before closing in 2006; students were moved to Bryant High. In 2015, the Bryant district voted to close Paron Elementary School. At the time it had about 75 students. Paron students were reassigned to Salem Elementary School.
In 2006 Reed and Brantley stated that since most residents can be admitted to state-operated universities and colleges without needing to take remedial courses and perform at the state average on standardized tests, "[t]he prevailing attitude seems to be that Paron students are doing fine [academically]".
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Paron has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Paron, Arkansas
- ZIP Code Lookup
- Reed, Jennifer Barnett; Max Brantley (2006-08-10). "Paron's long and winding road". Arkansas Times. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Bryant School Board votes to close Paron Elementary". The Saline Courier. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "ConsolidationAnnex_from_1983.xls." Arkansas Department of Education. Retrieved on May 23, 2018.
- "School Consolidation". Arkansas Encyclopedia of History & Culture. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- Mershon, Matt (2015-04-21). "Bryant school board votes to cut $3 million, close Paron Elementary". KATV. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- Climate Summary for Paron, Arkansas
|This Arkansas state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|